The Amazing Slothman - Fiends (f4f)

MrSloth

Hello everyone!

I recently finished my track, called ''Fiends'', and I wanted to share it with you! :) Even though I won't change anything (since this is the max I could do with my current mastering skills), I would love to hear some feedback! Will return it, as always.

(you may have heard it before, but that was the demo)

https://soundcloud.com/theamazingslothman/fiends

Cool vibe to this. Definitely had my head nodding. Really good layering of instruments and great sample work. I don't really have anything bad to say about it. Good work dude.

Cool vibe to this. Definitely had my head nodding. Really good layering of instruments and great sample work. I don't really have anything bad to say about it. Good work dude.
I agree the song is solid. I know the vocals aren't the center stage of this track, else I would say you are drowning them out too much to really understand and enjoy them. I guess out of curiosity, are these loops you mixed down, or did you record/make raw sounds and put this together? Perhaps a blend of the two? There are so many styles of doing things you'll find in this community.

I sampled a japanese song. When I use samples I don't just make loops, but I chop really tiny bits out of a song and use my apc40 to shuffle and mix them up untill I find a melody that I like. After that I start adding more and more instruments and samples. The vocal is in japanese too, so I used it as an instrument rather than an actual vocal :)

this is dope. you should have a fade of waves crashing at the start. it would go well with the hi f noise

the arps are ****ing dirty. like super dirty dirty.

the vox are a perfect match. it reminds of a remix of a crystal castles song.

perfect bridges but maybe use some more freq sweeps to clean out the high end when you slow it down

overall, it's super dope and i think you'll be fine with or without our two cents ;)

check my beat here and let me know whats good!

Thanks guys, I'm really glad you like it! :)

@NinjaBeats: listened to your song, really nice and warm melody you got there. I think you should make the low end a bit more powerful, and I'd use some reverb on that bended lead instrument :)

This is dope man.
I like the chops and the transitions are good. Creative work there.
On the mix side, i found this to be a bit noisy for my taste, i mean the sweeps.
The vocal chops is good.

Im a fan. For real. Im now following you on soundcloud. Its refreshing to hear something new. Im so tired of all of that trap shit. Good work.

nice imaging on the mix, the drums in the mix are kinda cluttered a little but the sounds are very pretty (synths and vocal sample), with all the movement with those sounds i dont think i could do much better with the mixing at this point in time. reminds me of a crystal castles type track and i enjoy their music alot.

i produce as well

hes called bobby corwen

Last edited by a moderator:
Back