Clair - F4F

Thanks for given one of my tracks a listen. I definitely appreciate it. Being honest, I think your track is sick. It has an old feel from the light static or what ever you call that in the beginning and end. Is that from rough editing or an effect? I think the real skill in this is the mixing of the vocals. I haven't messed around with that sphere of creativity yet. I imagine its not on the easy side of things. You got my head bopping to the track, and I like it.

Straight fire on the sample/flip. I like the drums but I feel like the snare could be layered a little to give it some thickness. The bass is solid and really creates a nice vibe. Overall, it's pretty sick, I can't possible overstate how much I love that sample...

Cool sample, cool beat!! Didnt like the snare though.. but i guess thats just personal taste.. Also the chant can be left out to my taste.. Keep it up!!

Great work on the vocal samples here! I've listened to your other work aswell, Uncle Bill is a very cool track.
I'd say the snare sounds good on Claire.

I like the ambient feel of this track, I just wasnt really digging your choice of kick drum until the transitions with the synth melodies came on. The snare worked really well IMO and I could see this going to a guy like Drake or A$AP Rocky, someone who has a taste and appreciation for this style. I'd suggest adding a sub bass line in between your kick drum hits, just to help beef up the track overall, definitely alot of nice variety on this one though.

Oh how I love that original song :D I really enjoyed listening to this, the atmosphere reminds me of Toro Y Moi in some way. The only con I can say is that it gets a bit repetetive after a while, but it's ok, I can understand that this is a chill song. :D

The vocal chops are nice. I liked the drums, i liked the metallic snares too. but i felt like the transitions after 1:05, with that synth sounds bit out of key/progression with the rest . Dope beat tho.

Last edited:
wow the sample is fire.. dreamy feel to this one. someting original keep it up. nice. im mixed about the chant too. its got an old school feel but i guess the chant still keeps it modern.

I rap and honestly this beat is pretty ****ing dope .... I could spit a bunch of different flows to this beat. I like how funky it is, nice work!!!

This is nice, it has a very clean mix and a well chopped sample! I would maybe add a bit of reverb with the wet signal being panned to give it a nice stereo enhancement but it's dope as it is now so dont worry about it...
Good work!!

sick flip man this sample is dope , really dig the bass line and synth you use give a nice vibe to the track.i think the mix could be improve a bit though but it sound dope overall. keep up that good work !

Really dope sample on this. Chill vibe. I like it. The only thing I didn't really like was the chant but other than that this is really good.

This is nice, it has a very clean mix and a well chopped sample! I would maybe add a bit of reverb with the wet signal being panned to give it a nice stereo enhancement but it's dope as it is now so dont worry about it...
Good work!!

Would be interested to hear more about this, was this on the sample you meant?

Thanks for the responses people. Really appreciate it, be sure to drop links to threads and not your SC!

Back