808 Dalmations (Progressive House) - F4F

808 Dalmatians lmao wicked title. As far as the actual mix, I must say I really enjoy these melodies you layed out, it's a really awesome blend of chillstep and house I can dig it...this is the kind of music I would find myself listening to while going about my day. I really enjoy the synths you selected, all complimented the mix beautifully. You kept the same kind of feel with that main melody/arp sound, but throughout the mix you added little melodic elements which I caught on to and kept me interested. Maybe 6:47 is a stretch, but for this type of music repetition isn't the worst thing in the world. All in all really clean mix man, I enjoyed it as I usually enjoy this style of music, keep at it

Check me out?: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...f4f-goin-down-festival-trap-type-song-476490/

Hahaha 808 Dalmatians, damn that title is dope :D. I like how the kick kicks, I hope that it sounds right hehehe. The build up from the beginning is very smooth, all the instruments add up very nicely but the rise could be a bit more powerful in my opinion, just to make the difference between sound after the drop more different and outstanding.

Everything is mastered pretty well, I have nothing bad to say. I like how all the instruments blend, this makes the track very dynamic! The style is not really my taste but I appreciate every kind of music, you deserve more views bro !

Could you also leave feedback on my work? https://www.futureproducers.com/for...egue-anill-trap-vip-%BB%BB-f4f-%AB%AB-476487/

Ah man I would spell "Dalmatian" wrong lol. Oh well.

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate the criticism, as well as the good words! I'll def take a listen to both of your tracks later tonight.

Last edited:
Lovely track man i really like how clean your mixes sound. The only thing i could suggest is maybe you could switch the synths to play at another higher note in the scale around 5:50 to make it feel like the progression is peaking and has finally "arrived"… I know it's not the best explanation hope you get what i mean haha
And by the way i gave a listen to your other tracks as well and damn you are good. I really love "Aurora" and the "Solos Ensambles". :)
Keep up the good work you earned my subscription on soundcloud :victory:

Sounding nice, although it isn't really my style! i don't really have anything bad to say about the mixing or mastering. The only thing I personally don't really like is the layer on your kick you added at 0:30, before that it sounded way cleaner. And that reversed clap you are using, for example at 1:05 sounds a bit 'misplaced' shouldn't it hit a couple of milliseconds later? of did you do that on purpose to fit that experimental style? And why did you mix it on a cor speaker? just wondering :D.

Damnn i'm no master on making progressive house music but i can tell you it really sounds good especially the overall mix, good work on this one man. I followed you on soundcloud too "illuminated records" dope shitt and i really got nothing to add other then i think you coulda went a little more haywire with automating some Master FX over the beat and on individual instruments as well, you definitely did some but it could use a little more in my opinion, good work though.

if you get a chance through all the others:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ive-receive-feedback/hopsin-remix-f4f-476374/

Roncandr: I know exactly what you mean. I actually tried making the song "fuller" near the end, but I couldn't get it the exact way I wanted, so I gave up haha. But anyways, thanks for the follow and all man, means a lot!

Basscrack: Glad you like it! Thanks dude, I'll def check you out.

Rooster♪♪: Yea it was tough getting the kick right. I added that one just to give some more low end. I played the track without it, but it just sounded a little weak to me. And yea the reversed snare is def on purpose :) I tend to pull rev'd claps back to hit before the main one; I'm a fan of quirky timing. And I mastered on a car speaker (in addition to regular speakers) just to try doing it a little differently to see how it comes out. Experimenting all the time.

Blindkid11: Word man, I def appreciate the follow. And you're right, work on a track really never ends lol. But anyways yea dude I'll bump your stuff for sure and leave feedback.

Thank's yall :D

Last edited:
This song has a nice vibe to it and nice melodies. Production is good the mix is balanced. The snare is a little bit to bright in my opinion i think it would sound awesome with a fresh deep clap with some lowpass on it maybe. And the kick could be a little bit punchier but that just my personal taste this is great overall. Im not really a pro but ive found reference tracks very useful where you compare your mix and overall sound image to professional tracks. Even armin van buuren has a folder on his computer with the name "Tracks that we want our songs to sound like". Not like copying others or anything but sometimes you get blind for your own music when youve been mixing for to long (at least for me) then you can just play a track that you like in the same genre and possibly discover that you need more bass or warmth or that the mix sounds to dry.

Check this dinka track out its great to use as a reference for progressive house:

this beat is ok man.. its very chill.. i was expecting it to really pick up and drop into that big room style house but it remained chill and probably that was the vibe you was going for.

nice job

Thanks a lot guys :) I'll check out everyone's tracks soon.

Muga: I love that EDX remix! It's funny you say that; I actually have a lot of tracks in that style. Haven't finished them entirely yet because I'm still working on the ins and outs of getting that kind of mix right. My actual style, (I think), is closer to Vitodito; use of heavier snares, more percussion, etc. But I like all styles honestly. Anyway, I appreciate the words man!

Yo Dude,

You got some nice ideas rolling in this track. I like what you've done with the synth at the build up although I think it could of been used in that style more when it breaks maybe its cause i just enjoy them type of synth sounds alot haha :) But a calm mellow vibe going down which is great!

This one is alright. May need better chord progression. Something melodic or something. It's too plain straight forward. shit at least you got the arrangement down, I'd say work on your chord progression.

Star 27: That's interesting, I thought it actually was melodic haha. But I feel you, thanks for listening man!

Donta: Sick compliment right there :) And I'm glad you like the mastering, that was def the ultimate goal of this particular track; just trying something new. I'll drop some feed for ya later tonight.

Very awesome feel good song! chill vibe, but good definitely still hear this in a club, and it would sound sick to set the vibe with then mix into a dirty electro song! very good song bud

Back