Some New Dark Shit f4f

both tracks dope. melodies are strong, drumchoice fits pretty good. mix could have been more crisp for both ones. especially hats & percs are too griddy. 808 could bang harder, maybe some aux distortion. reverb is a stron tool but in this case it was too much. especially on the snare it took away the essential frequencies of the actual sound. nevertheless - nice job buddy!

Really liking the sound of it, the intro is real nice with the mix of the bass, vocals and drums, the bridge/drop bit felt like it could've been more tense maybe in the build, not sure if the first bit of the drums threw me off, maybe some kind of filtering would be cool. Nice pans and effects going, overall it's a really nice track man.

I like Live from the Bottom much more than the other one, but I must admit, that you've good production skills. Really dark tracks.

Sick verb work man, the drop is too dope love the synth in that part, hats go off too. Nice chill ass beat everything's mixed great, I wouldn't change anything.

On the first one, I think the synth bass you're using could be compressed or turned down a bit. I also agree with the excess reverb, it takes away from your frequencies. I don't know if you've side-chained your kick to your bass but it would help the kick pop out more.
On the second one, the 808 could be bussed or EQ'd to hit more of the low range. The clap/snare has a ton of reverb on it, turning that down a bit or bussing your reverb could help.
Overall, with some mixing, both tracks can sound dope. Good work!

Definitely does sound dark instrumentally - almost sounds Burial-inspired. It's a great beat. The drums really work well with the beat. I can see this working well in a song actually. I like to drop too, and the "aye" in the background is actually quite pleasing to the ear.

Overall, it's a great beat! Keep it up.

"Life From the Bottom" sounds cool, bass line is insane, voice singing is dope too. Snare and kick fits well together, the piano part makes it dark and i like it. The other synth's match's right with the proposal vibe. Closed hat sounds loose, good job on this one. Mixing sounds balanced and mastered nicely. Could you review this underground beat that i made?

Back