Sample-Based Hip-Hop/R&B Track

ryanmcnally

Hey guys,

Looking for any feedback you have on this track I just made, sampling some Alicia Keys. I'd appreciate any suggestions you have on the overall feel of the track as well as the mix, since that's one of my biggest weaknesses. I also struggle with arrangement/composition so let me know if you think more variation is needed to keep things fresh, or if the track stands solid on its own. Leave links to yours and I'll hit you back.

I really love the sample man, sounds great. You've managed to mesh everything in a very awesome complete sound. The mix is on point too. I think the drums could use a little layering, but nothing major.

Keep it coming!

Check me out and let me know what you think!

[h=3]Sound The Horns (FREE TRACK) - Come one, come all! F4F[/h]
- A

Nice beat. I like that you sampled Alicia Keys. Always wanted to grab some stuff from her but she's too well known for my liking. I can't help to think that one of the cut is slightly off but then again it may be my laptop speakers. They sure aren't state of the art. Mainly, I like the parts that you grabbed from the song itself. Nice choices.

As far as mixing tips, it's not my strong point either so I'd be of no help there. Good beat though man.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...trap-dirty-south-etc/beautiful-people-496086/

Back