Beautiful People

Wooooo, scratching is tight homie. I love the beat altogether, really great vibe and the groove is awesome. I think you have great talent and very unique ideas. Bass line is cool too, struck me from the start.

Check me out and let me in on some feedback!

[h=3]Sound The Horns (FREE TRACK) - Come one, come all! F4F[/h]
- A

this is dooope. Especially the scratches they are amazing. The vocals get a little lost in the instrumentation at times, try increasing their volume or clear some space for them in the mix. U got great production skillz bro

i love the mixing, but maybe the kick is a bit soft. very cool melody, reminds me of 90s

Very refreshing sound buddy, The instrumentation is real funky and has a lot of soul and the scratches are mad ill especially at the 2:00 min mark. The vocals sound very flat for some reason though like the instrumentation over takes them because I cant make out Star L's lyrics very clearly. I jammed this to the end though homie an overall great listen. Rick

Yo, I definitely agree with what people are saying about the vocals, they seem kind of lost in the mix. I like the piano riff a lot, it was super funky. The other instrumentation was good too, but at times the beat felt kind of congested or claustrophobic. Like there was all these cool elements but they were all crammed into a small space. Maybe if some of the sounds were added one by one as the beat progressed it would sound cooler. It was definitely good though. I enjoyed listening to it

Thanks so much for the feed on my track, bro. I just got back in town and I'm here to return the feed.

When the beat dropped in I was totally into it - I dig the mixture of sounds you got happening here. The use of stereo space was nice as well. The scratching you did is sick and right on point. I only noticed two things in the mix that sounded odd to me - but it's only my opinion:

1) The vocals are a bit hard to make out at some times due to the way they are spread and the frequency conflicts. It's cool stylistically but depending on your goal you may want to bring them a bit more toward center to make them more clear.

2) I wouldn't mind more sub-bass in this track. I thing beefing up that bass line would be great - just to make it seem vertically more balanced.

This is funky and soulful as hell. I love everything you did - those are just my small mix ideas. But don't listen to me - see what others say.

Keep it up bro - cheers!

wasnt feelin the intro, but im just not a fan of the sound of live shit recorded... thats just me. once the beat came in tho that was ****in fire... this beat is amazing, vox mix feels abit off but not that much, it might just be the sample or recording.. not sure which it is/beat not being in the same key.

overall like the vibes of this real jazzy and powerful man, good shit.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, taking time out to listen to my joint, it's greatly appreciated it.

The vocals are an on going war for me. I go to some else's studio to record vocals because I know I'm not an engineer and I'm always telling him to turn them up and it's like he doesn't know how or something, I don't know. He's good at what he does but in my opinion very programmed like he was taught to mix a certain way and that's how he mixes for every track. Not to talk bad about him because he's a great guy and he handles most of the mixing for my beats, I tell him how I want it and he does the stuff I don't know how to do and shows me how he did it so I know. But I do agree with everyone that the vocals should be more on top of the beat instead of inside of the beat.

Beat is very dope and scratching is on point . Feelin that old school vibe to . I agree with what been said above that the vocal soud lost a little . Maybe try to gave them more presence with compresseion and / or eq . Great work overall keep it up.

Salute

Beat is ill, so is your scratching. I just really love the overall vibe of this track for so many reasons. It's very Dilla-esque but even more so akin to the shit that Georgia Anne Muldrow, THEESatisfaction, and Shabazz Palaces are doing, if you know what I mean. Thanks for the feed on mine, btw.

Thanks for the feedback. I've never been compared to Dilla before so thanks for the MAJOR compliment.

If you guys are liking the track it's downloadable so don't be shy lol.

I like the scratches, and the idea of the beat.
But the drums are too soft i think, and the base could be a little bit louder.
The vocals dont fit imho.

Funky groove bro! The intro was really nice. I think the scratching was a cool feature, got a bit out of time sometimes, most noticeable when you were cutting the track out.
I think the mix could use a lot more bass and sub bass as well.

Broo this is dope!!! The scratching is crazy. Mix is tight but the instrumental kind've overpowers the vocals. Other than that though man dope track

nice idea man appreciate vibe you going for but i think both the instrumentation and mix are too cluttered to allow the vocals to breath. i think the scratching is a bit overdone too.

Thanks for all the feedback it's much appreciated. I don't think the beat is too cluttered I just think it's too loud and the vocals have to compete with the beat in the mix. I like all the positives and negatives everyone is pointing out, it lets me know things that I got down and things that I need to work on. Thanks everyone.

Back