Sample-Based Hip Hop Beat

ryanmcnally

What up, I'm looking for some brutal honesty with this beat, especially in terms of the mix, composition, and whether or not you could hear someone rockin over it. Leave a link and I'll hit you up.

Nice beat I'd could probably spit a hot verse on this...

That vocal sample is a bit to loud if you want someone rapping over it. (You don't want two voices conflicting to much).
Another thing is the rhodes (Chord Progression) in the background could bit a bit loud.
Try making the intro shorter or add elements to make it seem like it's evolving and changing a bit more.

Other than that the beat is very bouncing which makes it easier to rap over.
None of the elements of this beat feels out of place, everything goes good together.
I don't know why but a could hear Joey Bada$$ or STEEZ on this.
Your style reminds me of j dilla with a new school beat.

Keep it up!

- TM

Really dope sample! The chops are crazy and your arrangements are nice. The intro was too long for my taste, 40 seconds for a beat is too long unless a rapper is on it. The vocal sample is nice, I like the delay effect that's added. The synths you add later to the track add some diversity to the track. And the whole mix was pretty good but the vocal sample could be lowered.

All in all, I thought it was really good, a lot elements that kept it interesting and fresh.

Sweet!! I like it!

I think that all your sounds fits well together. I think that an upgrade of this beat would be to EQ the elements to make them separate a little more form each other, use more of the stereo image and some more sub in that sustaining bass. The snare might need some work to make it more punchy, but actually I like it as it is and maybe some cleaning up in those other elements would do the job.

just my thoughts. Good Job!

this is cool. not really my style of beat, however it sounds good. I would cut that intro in half and just pull back the amount you use the vocal as well as the volume like homie said up there. a switch up would be nice and maybe another layer on that snare. I feel like im ripping it apart but I really do like it man keep it up!

check me out!!
Sweet Sorrow K Dangerous F4F!! first single from my new album! Raw as hell =)
active player in last page of comments

Yeah man. I like it. TJ mentioned J Dilla; I agree. That's the kind of (hip-hop) stuff I like; well done. Mix/arrangement-wise, I agree that the vocal stutter sample might be a bit too loud (and possibly too busy). You could dial it back, but that's a nit-picky critique. It's cool, and you did a nice job!

GJ

Last edited:
Back