Please Provide HONEST Feedback - 1st Attempt @ Mixing My Own Instrumentals

Finnis Music

What's up FP? I recently made about 5 instrumental tracks. And just as an FYI- I'm in process of completing my web site in order to sell my tracks online.

The issue at hand is that I plan to enlist a mix engineer to get the tracks where they need to be beforehand. Now being the hands on type of cat that I am, I decided to give mixing a shot this first go around. The secret is, this is my 1st time!

Please check out my tracks and provide me with HONEST and I mean HONEST feedback on the beats themselves as well as feedback on my mix attempts. I have toughskin--I just want to rock with the best!--and not to mention, I LOVE to learn!

I highly appreciate it in advance. I WILL return the favor!

Sounds like they lack punch, maybe try to bring the drums more to the front or even some of the melodies. and that track 'Real Talk' is fkn awesome

Yeah! Definitely louder drums.. The first one has this annoying high lead sound.. If you just put a filter on that or cut some highs with an EQ it would be much better i guess!
i think the arrangement of the first 2 could be more interesting, but overall cool beats..
3th and 4th track are sick man! Both great beats! Nothing to complain about!!

One question, Do you have a structure in mind when you make your beats? Like: Intro, 16 line verse, 4-8 line chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus, outro (Or something like that..)?
I can't hear what the verses and chorussus are right now..

Overall you did a great job on these beats man!! And mixing will get better in time..

Cheers!

Check me out if you can
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...w-game-documentary-pt-2-type-beat-f4f-501697/

Interesting beats man. I think that they got potential and the mixing is well done for a first time! Just to repeat what is already said. The drums lack a little punch. Some parallel compression might help. I feel that the beats are pretty well balanced mixing wise. No major flaws with elements cluttering each other, but they need some excitement. Thinking about contrast while producing and mixing might help.

Check out my latest work and let me know what you think!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...c/mix-before-after-rap-f4f-501426/?highlight=

Appreciate the feedback fellas! So based on what y'all are saying-- I DEFINITELY need to work on the drums and giving the tracks more PUNCH. I'm assuming its the matter of EQ'ing and Panning?...Not trying to be difficult or ask too much but any SPECIFIC ideas on how to achieve that and is it pretty much the same for tracks 1-5?

One question, Do you have a structure in mind when you make your beats? Like: Intro, 16 line verse, 4-8 line chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus, outro (Or something like that..)?
I can't hear what the verses and chorussus are right now..

To be honest with you....this is one of my biggest hurdles! It's a little different for me structuring a track without lyrics. I try to listen to hit songs and follow their structure but it doesn't always work because a lot of times I notice they use little Vocal efx...etc to make em interesting. Any tips on coming up with interesting beat structures to make the songs tell a story?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
i would say overall you just need to work on your levels your deep 808's are killing your mix making everything sound squashed and overly compressed instead of punchy and alive.

Back