F4F - Mick Jenkins type beat

Klown

Hey, I just finished working on this mick jenkins type beat. My laptop speakers broke, so I have only listened to it on headphones, please let me know if it sounds good on speakers too, also just let me know what you think of the beat overall.

If you leave a link to yours I will review it aswell

Here is the beat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYkGjjQTg3I

Thanks

Hey man, the beats sounds good on speakers, no problem on that. the beat is really not my style in fact I have never listened to Mick Jenkins before but I probably will after hearing this beat. The beat sounds different, the keys are not something I am used to so it gives this dark feel to it. The drums are on point but I would probably have had my drums louder than your track, but it's just the way I like it. For me it sounds more like a tech n9ne or Immortal Technique beat. I subscrubed and like the video, Please return the favor by liking and leaving a comment on my beat, I would appreciate it! God Bless!

Hey man, the beats sounds good on speakers, no problem on that. the beat is really not my style in fact I have never listened to Mick Jenkins before but I probably will after hearing this beat. The beat sounds different, the keys are not something I am used to so it gives this dark feel to it. The drums are on point but I would probably have had my drums louder than your track, but it's just the way I like it. For me it sounds more like a tech n9ne or Immortal Technique beat. I subscrubed and like the video, Please return the favor by liking and leaving a comment on my beat, I would appreciate it! God Bless!

Thanks for the feedback. I was going for a dark / atmospheric tone which is the usual sound of a Mick Jenkins beat, although I left out a lot of his trap sound, so I understand why the beat might be more suited to someone like immortal technique.

I like the beat a good bit. Different than a lot i hear. I might turn the piano part down just a couple of notches and thats it. Like the background synth stabs too.

loved the bassline, def got an original sound to it i think its a klowns type beat haha keep it up man

Im glad that so many people like the beat. Please subscribe and like the video, it really helps a lot :)

Not mad. The mixing and leveling needs work. Get your drums louder than the keys. Also add some breaks where the drums go away or switch up. It get a bit repetitive after a bit. I don't really hear Mick on this either. He gets on alot of sampled beats and this sounds original. Which isnt a bad thing. It is what it is. Keep working. Keep improving.

Here is my Mick Jenkins Type Beat that I just released recently.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...iv-type-beat-2sides-feedback4feedback-523385/

Back