F4F - "bliss" by AYEM (sampled trap beat)

mustafaonthebeat

Tried to mix soul with trap drums, I think it came out interesting. Appreciate any and all feedback, please give constructive criticism. Tryna get better, all feedback/likes will be returned

Last edited:
id say chop that sample up a little more maybe mess with the tone of it in my opinion with trap i always tone it down so its slower and build on that, maybe turn the tempo down, the drums confused me at first felt like a trap song but wit a 90s twist, the seccond part of the beat is ill tho, just needs different drum sounds. keep on working bro you only go up from here.

thanks for leaving feedback on my thread

this was pretty cool man,

my only suggestion would be to slow down the whole track / or just change the drum pattern so it flows more smoothly with the sample

other than that, i liked it - keep it up

Last edited:
I like the idea and the sample a lot. The beat change was really dope! Maybe it could have came a bit early, because the sample was a bit to present.
It made the beat a little repetetive.

The mix is also good :) I liked it bro!

I kind of like it but think there's too much low noises out there. Try using some EQ to make it more balanced on that matter. If the beat was mine, think i would low the BPM just for a little bit. Other than that i like your production, guns recharging were nice, bell is okay, kick&snare fits with the closed hat's. Hope to help ya, thanks for the feeding.

the sample is dope af but the drum pattern to me is a lil off but i guess its unique and thats a good thing. the mixing is also good and the track can be slower but its still dope.

I REALLY like the outro that's straight fire, The drop is well done those kicks hitting hard. You could have tweaked the sample here and there for some more excitement. Maybe pitch automation like that nice filter you got going on.

the idea for this is dope, the execution itself is lacking a bit tho, I would def work on the mixing of it sounds very cluttered, I would personally also lower the tempo but thats just my preference, switch up is cool, keep it up fam!

Nice idea.
In my opinion it would come better
if its more slowly (about 60 bpm or 120 like at the end of the beat).
Mix needs some work (muddy 808). More crispy snare would be nice.
Anyway keep it up!

Too experimental for my taste. The background sound is too muffled, tempo is too fast, and I don't really like that cow bell which doesn't fit very well. Keep it up!

I got respect for anyone who's trying to push the envelope and make something unique.

The soul sample was good. It was chopped well but I think that it got repetitive over the course of track...I think the beat needs a little more variety, are there any other parts of that the song you could use?

If this intended to be rapped over the part before the breakdown is way to fast for 90% of rappers and the hi-hat pattern only creates the illusion that the beat's even faster.

I think that breakdown with the tubular bells has potential to be a hot beat(minus the orchestra hit). I think with a simple piano melody and maybe a choir or legato string for harmony it could be a good song. And that snare you used was fire too!

Tbh, I wasn't feel the first part b4 the breakdown. The 2 genres weren't blending well imo. Definately consider making the 2nd part of the beat a full song tho.

Here's a link to my latest if you could me some honest feedback: Underground Sampled Piano Beat

Last edited:
mixing could use a decent amount of work. its really muddy in the low ends. the main sample u have going sounds too muffled. the beat gets really repetitive after a while change it up. the half tempo breadown thing came in out of nowehere maybe try transitioning into it better. not a bad track just it could use work

I like the idea and sample you used but it seems like you've messed with it so much that it has lost a lot of its dynamics.

There is also A LOT of low end in this beat that needs some cleaning up bro and next work on getting the drums to really punch through the mix BUT again that may be due to the low end being overpowering at the moment.

I agree with what someone said above - chop that sample up and keep the loop playing as is but every so often switch it up with the chops to add a little flavour.

Back