Killer Instinct! Boom bap music for yall to listen to :) All feedback is returned!

duxoman

Heres my beat:

Follow me on soundcloud for more to come!
I appreciate all feedback and will return it! =)

Peace. Duxomaniac

I really like the sample. Really beautiful stuff. I would change the snare sample to something a little thicker/wider sounding. I guess personally I am just not a huge fan of that sound. Everything else is cool. Love the change to those more dramatic strings. Cool chopping.

Heres my beat:

Follow me on soundcloud for more to come!
I appreciate all feedback and will return it! =)

Peace. Duxomaniac

Thanks for the feed on mine. I really like the sample here, I think it's a loud at times but it's chopped/used so perfectly I didn't really mind. Drum arrangement is great and have nice high end, sound good on laptop speakers. Wouldn't change much except sample volume

Love the sample, def an old school vibe to this, really like the drums esp the snare sound u chose, the switch to that piano sample sounds a little abrupt and kinda off, I would work on transitions and adding a bassline to this, keep up the good work fam!

i fuck w this sample its dope, especially the little reverse thing that you have it doing. Drum pattern is dope too keep it up

Great singing, the transitions on this track were excellent. Sample's are amazing, i really appreciate your work here. Piano is great, cutting details were dope, kick&snare fits, closed hat playing is simple but effective. Long live the boombap! Mixing appears perfectly balanced to me, nothing that i would change. Left my like on the soundcloud link! Could you review this piano beat that i made?

Last edited:
Good sample selection and your chops were excellent.

I liked the drums you picked: They fit perfectly with the melody. I just think that the snare could hit a bit harder(probably a little more compression) and would benefit from a touch of reverb to make it take up more space. The pattern had the right old-school swing to it too.

I listenedto this 2x on a pair of sony mdr-7506 and I think that the the low end is lacking. Idk if the sample had no bass to filter but if it didn't maybe you could just play your own? Besides that there's nothing else I though was off in this beat good job!

Can you feed me: Underground Piano Beat

Back