Why Don't We See (Chillout)

Omg dude this is incredible! I love how solemn and peaceful this track makes me feel. It also gives a hint of sadness too. Closed my eyes the whole time to really focus on it. The fact that it can pull emotions like that means the track was very well made.

I was going to say something about the percussion early on, but I think the awesome way the track evolved (hats brought in later, etc) shut me up lol. I don't think there is a way of improving this song as it is. And even if there was one, I'd prefer it to stay the way it is.

Fantastic work!

Wow thank you very much for that! Much appreciated and I'm really happy you liked it! :-)

Hey there, thanks for checking out my track the other day. Gave this one a listen and really enjoyed it. I agree with another user up there that the drums get a tad repetitive. Your clap is really washed out in reverb constantly. Maybe experiment with the amount of reverb and modulate it to add some interest and different textures throughout the track. I feel like your melodies and chords and very dreamy and atmospheric already so having some dry percussive hits up front my provide a nice contrast.

Only other thing that stood out to me was in your intro it sounded like there was one note in particular where there was quite a bit of resonance which was a little displeasing to the ear and would possibly be a problem on a bigger system. (although I'm hung over right now so maybe it's just me... take this one with a grain of salt)

Besides that tho I loved it. Definitely what I needed this morning. The rhythm of the drums seemed like they wanted a couple of double, staccato hits on the kick drum maybe seemed a natural fit to me. Awesome job keep up the good work.

Hey there, thanks for checking out my track the other day. Gave this one a listen and really enjoyed it. I agree with another user up there that the drums get a tad repetitive. Your clap is really washed out in reverb constantly. Maybe experiment with the amount of reverb and modulate it to add some interest and different textures throughout the track. I feel like your melodies and chords and very dreamy and atmospheric already so having some dry percussive hits up front my provide a nice contrast.

Only other thing that stood out to me was in your intro it sounded like there was one note in particular where there was quite a bit of resonance which was a little displeasing to the ear and would possibly be a problem on a bigger system. (although I'm hung over right now so maybe it's just me... take this one with a grain of salt)

Besides that tho I loved it. Definitely what I needed this morning. The rhythm of the drums seemed like they wanted a couple of double, staccato hits on the kick drum maybe seemed a natural fit to me. Awesome job keep up the good work.

Hey thanks for having a listen to my track! Your points are valid, and the drum part is still being worked on (I tend to take my sweet time) as well as other variations throughout without disrupting the flow of things. (I don't like random sounds just for the hell of it)

I haven't noticed that resonance you speak of but I'll definitely have another go at that to try and isolate the issue.

Thanks again for your feedback and input, it's much appreciated and will be taken into consideration as I keep working! Cheers!

Nice clean mix. Good progression throughout the track. I am a sucker for repetative too. I followed you on Soundcloud as well.

bravo sir this got some very nice chords and texture to it with proper drums and percussion suitable enough to give me some feel to it. Really nothing to critisize but what would of been really dope for me was to here a change up to some trap and hip hop drums giving it that kinda drake feel cause this sounds like something he could rock. feedback would be nice as well click heree

Last edited:
Thanks a lot everyone for your comments, both the good and the constructive ones! I will also make sure to have a listen to the tracks which you've posted in your comments when I find the time to do so.

Thanks again!

Wow, beautiful composition! Great selection of every single sound, fantastic mood and melodies, everything right on spot to me! Keep up the great work, i usually dont listen to chillout, but will come back to this track once in a while for sure!

Wow, beautiful composition! Great selection of every single sound, fantastic mood and melodies, everything right on spot to me! Keep up the great work, i usually dont listen to chillout, but will come back to this track once in a while for sure!

That's sweet! Please do and stay tuned for more as I tend to vary my productions quite a lot. :-)

Back