smashing-about-with-me (Downtempo) F4F

This sounds very nice indeed, love the mix between electronic instruments and the acoustic stuff. The part that I like the most about this track is the whole toybox sound to it, it makes me feel very at ease and light, you built it up just the way I think you should have,good progression. Possibly add something else after the breakdown to give the upcoming part an even bigger lift. Like the person above said, I think some kind of vocals would fit this track nicely, not necessarily singing, but something. All though I like it a lot without.

Lovely clear mix, doesn't leave much to be desired.
Great stuff! Will be looking out with great interest as to what comes next!

Cheers

Very nice. The only thing that I noticed that seemed to be a bit weird was how long the pause kinda came on to quick.

Last edited:
Well i liked the track. but my question to you is where are you going with music production? Are you looking at it as a hobby which helps you release the tension after hard day at work, or are you actually striving for the best product quality and final outcome.
If this is just a hobby for you, the well done! you did a great track with good idea cool instruments and retro wibe (reminded me of 90s games:D ).
NOw if you are looking at this track seriously, then there is a lot of critisims to be said:
1st of all the drums have no soul to me, they are kinda weak and just there to occupy the rythm section, add more compression, more layering, thicken your kicks and snares :) Actually the one that sounds like distorted sub bomb is pretty cool i liked it :) Make rest of your drums unique like that one.
Second, the track is dryyy to me, i dunno maybe its just my own personal taste, but more polished reverb would really bring new Layers of depth to the track, you is wisely though its powerful weapon, which shouldnt be abused :)

Now that silence break in the middle of the track is innovative, but 1st of all its too long and second if would really work much better if you made better tension evolver to that point, its hard to say for me and even harder to do but i didnt feel like the tension reached its peak before the break, nor the culmination after the break. (i hope you will understand :D )

Im not sure but it suspect that you didnt use much of a stereo field, please exploit it more in the future :) Pan things to the left or right and use stereo delays, this will enhance your track.

Also, the main guitar melody after the break has too much distortion to be centerpiece(melody is not clear enough)
Maybe turn the distorted guitar down, and add another one on top with clear tone, or reduce the distortion and add more reverb or delay :) (Dont be afraid to explore for good sound results)

Lastly, dont forget to put a miximizer on your track, Its pretty quiet compared to the other tracks that are out there :)

I hope i helped a little but its just my personal opinion, you dont have to follow it :)

If you decided to listen to my track as well, i would be very grateful :)
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-trance-house-dance/my-1st-ever-remix-495510/

Best regards.

Kudos to you Pyramid Power! I ain't going to waste a second going haywire saying you could tidy up this or that... who cares. The tracks legit. You have such an emotion in this track and that can't really be taught. The only real recommendation for mixing is just learn how to eq extremely well (although that goes for everyone). This reminds me a bit of the feeling that mgmt can at times portray, just tastefully toned down.

Back