First Beat ever with Vocals...will return feed

unicorn frenzy

Hi guys just getting back into producing . Just got a sm57 microphone so this is my first go at adding/recording vocals to a song. Had to add alot of effects due to lack of a good voice lol (cubase vari-audio plug in) i dont really have any experience with vocals or technique ect but this is the result of my first attempt . It is the song titled NN-01 on the soundclick page
SoundClick artist: happy unicorn club - page with MP3 music downloads
The song isnt finished but its getting there

i will return elaborate constructive feedback for all that do to mine..cheers

i don't know electronic music not really my thing. so can't give too much feed back on it. it had a chill /relax vibe for it. i don't like the vocals on it. it sound too weird for me to be going with the music that in the background. but you probably can use this as some score fora movie that need a sad/chill type of music, but that all what i see it as.

When I work with vocals, which is solely on remixes, I almost always put an instrument behind, generally piano or guitar, that follows the precise melody of the vocals, and layer the vocals a little (or put some light reverb) to give the vocals some power. I think you should consider that. You have some harmonies behind, but I think you need a melodic line instrument and lower the volume (side chain with a high pass filter if necessary) to make sure it sits in right behind the vocals.

I notice in my second listen that you do have some reverb in the vocal track, but I think it needs a little more power. The melody may help.

This is a pretty chill track, but that's the way I'd look to improve this.

Cheers!

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-house-dance/one-last-time-en-v-remix-509616/

this is a great base track. you should definitely develop it and consider putting some more vocals on it! just practice, the battle with your voice will get better :) but you have a great sound- this is a contagious track that will bring people in!

this is a great base track. you should definitely develop it and consider putting some more vocals on it! just practice, the battle with your voice will get better :) but you have a great sound- this is a contagious track that will bring people in!

thanks for the feedback. i was just going to scrap ot cause its so messy but maybe ill re-do it seriously. Its more than a battle with my voice its a war!!

I don't really listen to electronic music, but this is very well mixed, I think the vocals could be a bit louder perhaps but it's good nonetheless.

I feel like the track would really benifit if the vocals were either louder or more clear, since i cant understand what it is saying- yet i still like it. Keep on doing vocals. at 26 or 27 seconds there is an pop caused my a hard sound like a Puh or Tah or Buh, this happens a few more times later, so i would also suggest making a pop filter, just use a coat hanger and a sock and it removes those pops caused by strong air from the mouth when you sing into the mic. Love it.

Back