One Last Time (En-V Remix)

EnviZion

I was inspired by the crowd of people remixing songs and posting them here lately. This song was remixed twice in a day, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Since I'm new to this world, and the remix is a critical component of the overall EDM producer's arsenal, I thought I'd take a shot. This is my first remix.

There are a few things I still need to learn on logic. For example, I wanted to up the tempo a little (from 125 to 130), but I can't figure out how to get audio samples to snap to a new grid while changing the tempo. Any tips there are appreciated.

As a result, the remix has a more chill vibe than I envisioned when I sat down with it.

Remixing is definitely an art form in and itself, and I'd love to hear comments, good and bad.

Enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/envizion-1/one-last-time-en-v-remix

changing bpm

what are the samples y wanna change the BPM to? if its short staccato one shots or a loop y can replay then via sampler in midi in the BPM y like, if it's sustained material like vox you can cut it up where possible and time stretch or condense each slice based on the BPM you need to slave it to, while re-arranging the slices in your DAW timeline desired time/ grid positions

Hi, i like the feel of the remix quite a chilled vibe as you said. i like the build up at the start with the piano, i think the vocals at the
start need to be a bit louder before the chorus comes in because she sings louder and higher in these parts. or you could drop the volume of the main synth at these parts and build it back up for the chorus.

i think it could do with a little more variation and stronger kick drum with a bit of sidechaining to pump that kick through.
Just keep tweaking it until you feel its right, i always leave it and come back to it with a fresh head and start to tweak it again.
I like what you are doing keep up the good work. :cheers:

Great remix! I really like that chill vibe.
The build-up is well done.
Mixing sounds pretty good to me although i think the lower frequencies could be a little louder and the Kickdrum could hit a bit harder. Sidechaining might help here.

Keep it up!
Peace.

Nice chilled remix it works really well with the style of vocals! Looking at the other comments I would agree with what has been said about the kick and variation of the song, but other than that it sounds great! In terms of bpm you can double click the audio file while its in the arrangement to open the waveform editor and if i remember correctly you then click functions and time and pitch. Then you can enter the original bpm and the bpm you want it to be and process it. Hope this helped!

Hi there

The kick sounds like it could be layered better to me. The kick in the verses works better. I would try to EQ them out of the way of each a bit more using low cuts and high cuts. Also, it strikes me that the synth is hugging the melody line too much and not providing enough additional colour to the track. I don't really think it's great to have the melody going on and on without the vocal, myself. I like what you've done with the groove and particularly like the toms though.

I hope this is useful anyway.

Dave

Back