[F4F] New G-House, Malaa inspired track

AlexRose

Hey guys!

Its been a while since I last posted because I've been working on a lot of more thorough projects involving vocals. I decided in the meantime to release some songs I've had in the back catalog for a while, including this track "Hutt". I made it a couple months ago when I was really into the song Prophecy by Tchami and Malaa. I had also been listening to SIAW a lot which I think is the biggest influence to the track.

I'd like some advice of my drums, specifically the hats. I cant seem to ever get the clean open hihat off beat sound of so many house tracks. Regular open hats all seem to have huge tails and closed hats dont offer a full sound. What samples are your favorites for drums? Currently I use the drums from Sounds of KSHMR 2.

Also, how are the effects? I tried to make them more subtle that my other tracks.

Cheers!

Hey Alex,

Just been listening to your track. It really depends what you want from your hi-hats. On some tracks I prefer a more natural acoustic ‘light’ feel, and sometimes I love a fat open electronic hi-hat. I’ve just downloaded about 200 or so electronic hi-hat samples, and I normally use a drum sampler to flick through them all whilst I’m playing the track, and then choose my favourite from there.

That drop at 1:15 is fucking awesome dude, and the automation/variation throughout this section of the track works extremely well. Overall, the track rocks. The only way I would think to improve this track would be to put some more vocals into it and to be honest, the “murder, murder, murder” could just be chopped up and varied (pitch, etc.), with some cool FX, and then placed in the main parts of the track, just to add a little more to the track. Like you could have something like “m, m, m, murder….m, m m, murder” during the main dancey bit, just to add some more interest to the track. Just my opinion though.

Thanks for the feedback! Yea after studying the influences for this track it definitely comes down to attention to detail; adding all the little ear candy to polish a track. For a while I intended to get a rapper to do a full vocal for the track but he was difficult to communicate with so I decided to release it without the vocal.

I think I should expand my hihat collection, where did you get the 200 from?

Cheers

No worries dude! I do like instrumentals; I would say that around 50% of my itunes is instrumentals, but on this track I felt like something over the top would just help to make it a bit more catchy. Most of my hi-hat samples are just from google. If you just search “free hi-hat sample pack” you can usually find loads. Just download them all and start building a sample folder! J

I made this track a little while ago but I’ve changed it a bit since then. Here is the original post, let me know what you think!

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...use-dance/new-ambient-house-track-f4f-535105/

I posted a recent thread at the forum but no replys so far..
It is the first thing I ever made so it would be really nice to have an opinion from someone with experience!
The track is made in a minimalistic Deep-Tech vibe, with the idea that it could be one of the first tracks in a set.
Link is this:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...edback-first-track-please-will-return-535671/

Keep up the good work with your productions mate! Gave you a follow at Soundcloud!

Back