Computerization of The Sun

Very nice concept, the progressive element really adds value to the track having it build up the way you have done. I feel like there could be some little variations in your typical psy FX (I'd say variations in the tone of the FX, you seem to be using alot of effects/samples in the same frequency range and IMO a switchup right before a transition could do wonders!) to keep surprising the listeners because right now it gets a little boring until you bring in the melody!

Keep at it though you seem to be well on your way mastering psytrance production , how long have you been producing this genre?

OH ps: I also felt like the sub range frequencies could be a little more prominent!

Very nice concept, the progressive element really adds value to the track having it build up the way you have done. I feel like there could be some little variations in your typical psy FX (I'd say variations in the tone of the FX, you seem to be using alot of effects/samples in the same frequency range and IMO a switchup right before a transition could do wonders!) to keep surprising the listeners because right now it gets a little boring until you bring in the melody!

Keep at it though you seem to be well on your way mastering psytrance production , how long have you been producing this genre?

OH ps: I also felt like the sub range frequencies could be a little more prominent!

Thanks for listening! You've got some good points, I agree with what you're saying about the tone of the effects, I've realized they are quite similar, but it's hard, espcially mix wise.. I feel like I'm somewhere at the peak of what I'm capable of at the moment. I appreciate your ideas though and will be working on adding more interest and variation into the sounds I've used. I feel I'm progressively getting better one track at the time!

I've been producing for a long time, but I make so many different styles of electronic music, this would be the first track that I've done that is this much psy. I've done everything from ambient, chillout, deep-house to techno, trance and all kinds of fusions in between.

Been thinking about adding more melodic elements into it, as well as more melodic type of effects to get more contrast in between all my noisy type effects that I've used. I had a version prior to this one with a break after the parts you just heard, but wasn't completely happy with that so I just trashed it.

Last edited:
Mix-wise it shouldn't be as hard as you picture it though: Adding another tone could mean adding in a frequency that is not yet , or maybe hardly present in the current mix, which would make it actually really easy to fit in. Finding the right samples/synthesizing the right sound is another question ofcourse :)

I'm a big fan of trashing anything that you do not feel yourself, take your time. Make epic music! On that note I was reminded of a track by W&W - Invasion . A melody like the one that starts around 2.14 could do justice to your track aswell, although less outspoken , more subtle and psy-ish. Just brainstorming...!

I feel you when you're saying you're getting better track by track, I feel the same way and tracks only seem to take longer and longer to finish!

Back