Where can i buy a BUNCH of records?

ThaBoyWonder

By a bunch im talking about bins, with like 20-30 old records that i can sample on a USB turn table. My uncles/aunts have alot but their locked up in a safe and their never touching them again. SO yeaa

You could ask them to sell their records to you?

Try going to garage sales, flea markets, craigslist, ebay and so on..

ive noticed your many questions lately. you look like you need alot of help. so ima point you in the right direction.

ok.....first of all. its obvious to me and most everyone on here......that you pirated your software (because who goes out and buys logic, PT, fl studio, and reason? all at once? that would cost thousands! like about 2 to be exact).....all those softwares are at least a couple hundred dollars a piece. but thats neither here nore there. why i brung this up is because having all of those is just going to confuse things for you. they all do the same thing! except reason (its not a daw). you need to pick one and stick to it! learn the ins and outs of the program. the software and how you use it will not really determine weather your beats have that "mpc feel" or not. you can achieve this on any one of those programs

you want my opinion? pick fl studio!........ why you ask? because its a DAW!!!!! reason is not. logic and pt is also a daw but they are a little more in depth and you will need to get additional vsts right away in order to use either of those to there full potential.

scrap the logics and PT idea for now and pick between fl or reason.

you asked how to chop samples? with fl studio you have tools called "edison" "fl slicer" or "slicex" all three come standard with fl 9 and are built into the daw itself. making chopping samples a breeze.
go to youtube and type in "how to chop samples in fl studio".....there are a number of ways to do this and it al just depends on which tool ur comfortable with. me personally? i love slice x!

you asked.....how do i make my mpd 32 loop? well in fl studio there is whats called the "FPC" and i got news for you......it syncs of perfectly with the mpd32!!!!!! this will make your mpd feel and behave like a real mpc! you load your samples into the fpc and use the mpd as your controller. youtube "mpd32 FPC".....i gurantee there are videos step by step on how to do this.

you also asked where can i buy alot of records? first off...........do internet diggin!!!! you can find tons and tons of vinyls ripped and uploaded onto the net for free download. google will help you in this area. since your new to this you can go to almost any local record shop and there gonna have a dollar or bargin bin. you can find lots of good stuff in there. last weekend i had the itch and i went to a local shop.......i was kinda strapped for cash but i had a little.......i found a bin in this shop that was .50 cents a record.......spent a whole ten bucks there......found a dope lee dorsey........a donny hathaway.....and earth wind and fire.....ima stop there cause im startin to get the itch again.haha

last but not least you asked what does it mean to "flip a sample"
and that my friend is why we are all here in the first place. to interact and flip samples together making something that was old new again. AKA........... make good music!

hope this helps!

Last edited:
check local classifieds.. hit the thrift stores.. make records a part of ur life... thats it. thats all.. ull have mad crates in a lil while.

ive noticed your many questions lately. you look like you need alot of help. so ima point you in the right direction.

ok.....first of all. its obvious to me and most everyone on here......that you pirated your software (because who goes out and buys logic, PT, fl studio, and reason? all at once? that would cost thousands! like about 2 to be exact).....all those softwares are at least a couple hundred dollars a piece. but thats neither here nore there. why i brung this up is because having all of those is just going to confuse things for you. they all do the same thing! except reason (its not a daw). you need to pick one and stick to it! learn the ins and outs of the program. the software and how you use it will not really determine weather your beats have that "mpc feel" or not. you can achieve this on any one of those programs

you want my opinion? pick fl studio!........ why you ask? because its a DAW!!!!! reason is not. logic and pt is also a daw but they are a little more in depth and you will need to get additional vsts right away in order to use either of those to there full potential.

scrap the logics and PT idea for now and pick between fl or reason.

you asked how to chop samples? with fl studio you have tools called "edison" "fl slicer" or "slicex" all three come standard with fl 9 and are built into the daw itself. making chopping samples a breeze.
go to youtube and type in "how to chop samples in fl studio".....there are a number of ways to do this and it al just depends on which tool ur comfortable with. me personally? i love slice x!

you asked.....how do i make my mpd 32 loop? well in fl studio there is whats called the "FPC" and i got news for you......it syncs of perfectly with the mpd32!!!!!! this will make your mpd feel and behave like a real mpc! you load your samples into the fpc and use the mpd as your controller. youtube "mpd32 FPC".....i gurantee there are videos step by step on how to do this.

you also asked where can i buy alot of records? first off...........do internet diggin!!!! you can find tons and tons of vinyls ripped and uploaded onto the net for free download. google will help you in this area. since your new to this you can go to almost any local record shop and there gonna have a dollar or bargin bin. you can find lots of good stuff in there. last weekend i had the itch and i went to a local shop.......i was kinda strapped for cash but i had a little.......i found a bin in this shop that was .50 cents a record.......spent a whole ten bucks there......found a dope lee dorsey........a donny hathaway.....and earth wind and fire.....ima stop there cause im startin to get the itch again.haha

last but not least you asked what does it mean to "flip a sample"
and that my friend is why we are all here in the first place. to interact and flip samples together making something that was old new again. AKA........... make good music!

hope this helps!

haha ur late(not tryna sound mean haha), i knew how to chop samples i think my question was how do i flip samples(by flip i thought it literally meant like flip it backwards and play it in reverse haha)

I use fl studio because i found a site that has all these sounds from professional DJs(dj premier, 9th wonder, pete rock etc) and i know how to import them.

I use logic pro 9 when i have my lab top cuz my bros in college so i let him use it(and yes the Mac OS X Snow Leopard on it is pirated just like everything i have lol)(and i actually bought fl studio 8 legit, just to hve people laugh at me because they got theirs pirated, thats when i got into the world of pirating)

ohh and i never knew records were that cheap i thought they were becoming like collector items or something and would sale for more(which is why i thought) my uncles and aunts keep them in their safe wrapped up)

And yes i know how to get my mpd32 working with FPC i didnt need a video, i think i just had a hard time figuring out how to record it haha cuz i was use to making a beat pattern by clicking the squares and not using the rec botton.

And i saw a video on youtube of some guy making beats on his MPD and it was looping and for some reason i thought it came with it. Alothugh about 2-3 days ago i set up live looping on my mpd with some software called mobius

But again thanks for all the feedback, and in my reponse i hope you dont take it as me giving u sarcastic negative feedback.

its all love. i just thought you were new to the game cause you posted questions like "how do you....?". and yea some vinyls are collectors items and can be very expensive.

its all love. i just thought you were new to the game cause you posted questions like "how do you....?". and yea some vinyls are collectors items and can be very expensive.

Most of the questions were about the MPD32 so im techically not new to the game, but new to the MIDI controller/sampling game hehe

Back