Samples In Red Bull Big Tune

AbnormalIsDope

I don't know if im trippin but I can swear that I've heard samples being used in some of these battles.I was wondering if those rules about no sampling are outdated are do they still apply.It would be dope if someone who actually was in the battle to give info on this matter.

Last edited:
technically theyre not allowed to use samples but they dont do anything for those that do.

only thing is when they select beats for promos or commercial for the big tune it cant be a contestant's beat that was a sample beat.

bottom line, you can use samples in the big tune

technically theyre not allowed to use samples but they dont do anything for those that do.

only thing is when they select beats for promos or commercial for the big tune it cant be a contestant's beat that was a sample beat.

bottom line, you can use samples in the big tune
cool I want some more peoples feedback cuz I dont wanna get my hopes up ya know

yo abnormal, which leg of the competition are you planning on entering bro?
i'm gonna apply to san francisco..........

how many beats minimum are we supposed to come with if we get picked?

fsho, lol i might see you at the top so come equipped man haha

I'll be more amped about once im outta school and kno samples are allowed thats my only thing cuz I only sample.and ill be 18 for literally 2 weeks when they hit my city.If I get picked imma going all out.U kno what the prize is.

Last edited:
wait, do we get to pick with any artist if we win or is it just a handful of big-name people?
like 2007 champ brainstorm worked with young buck and 2008 champ c-sick worked with nas,
does that mean on like the 1 in a billion chance i win i can work with like little brother or blue scholars or does it have to be like young jeezy or some other mainstream dude?

im from chicago can i apply for more than 1 city? (miniapolis/st louis/detroit

I just signed up last night i stay in Oakland CA but they'll be in San Francisco hope i get picked if i can use samples i just increased my arsenal,but chances are you might have to work with somebody mainstream

I just signed up last night i stay in Oakland CA but they'll be in San Francisco hope i get picked if i can use samples i just increased my arsenal,but chances are you might have to work with somebody mainstream
I think the sample free beats r just for commercial,the actual battle would be kinda pointless if u couldn't sample,Frank Dukes won last year and had all samples

Back