How good you think you are???

Resinate said:
i give myself about a 7.5

I'm creative in finding samlpes and everything, but I can't come up with a new pattern with sampling for the life of me.

All of my beats are good, but they are just too repetitive.

I'll create 1 good sampled loop but then I never know when to go from there.

Listen for yourself.

www.myspace.com/resinate916

Yea I can't say any of ya beats are bad big homie. The only thing that will help you break ya habbit of looping is your ear becoming better. Don't focus so much on the fact you got mostly loops for beats. Some of the best samplers to me loop like a muthafucca. Havoc, Madlib, and MF doom to name a few.

Yea they not all major label artist but what would you take? a few people who feel ya ish or 100,000 people thinking you can't do no wrong. Besides long as the most important person want's your work then you straight and that's the artist. Until actual artist are checking for your music then we all need to be humble and realize we got some growing to do.

bigdrew3000 said:
Yea I can't say any of ya beats are bad big homie. The only thing that will help you break ya habbit of looping is your ear becoming better. Don't focus so much on the fact you got mostly loops for beats. Some of the best samplers to me loop like a muthafucca. Havoc, Madlib, and MF doom to name a few.

Yea they not all major label artist but what would you take? a few people who feel ya ish or 100,000 people thinking you can't do no wrong. Besides long as the most important person want's your work then you straight and that's the artist. Until actual artist are checking for your music then we all need to be humble and realize we got some growing to do.

I don't qute understand everything you sayin. what do you mean by my ear getting better? How will that help me break my habit of looping?

what do you mean by the last paragraph.

Just what I said. You said you think your beats are very monotonous and you would like to be able to add more change ups in your arrangments. That's where your ear comes in and also creativity. Knowing when to have sounds drop in and out, chopping samples and rearranging them, knowing what drumz to use, etc. All that involves your ear and creativity developing and you being able to do more with your music then having a 4 bar loop the entire duration of the song. Just mess around with choppin up a 2 bar loop and see what you come up with. This is a way of training you ear to hear subtle things.

I dont feel like explaining the second parargraph.

I've had beats on major releases, movie scores, and currently have tracks being considered for more major releases. I'm mediocre at best, difference is, I know how to give artists what they ask for instead of whining "it's too simple" or "i don't sample" or "I don't make commercial music" and all of that crap. If you wanna be major, treat it like a job, you may think mayonaise tastes better on a cheeseburger, but if the customer says hold the mayo...

now you can all tell me I suck

www.myspace.com/phukdup

I've had beats on major releases, movie scores, and currently have tracks being considered for more major releases. I'm mediocre at best, difference is, I know how to give artists what they ask for instead of whining "it's too simple" or "i don't sample" or "I don't make commercial music" and all of that crap. If you wanna be major, treat it like a job, you may think mayonaise tastes better on a cheeseburger, but if the customer says hold the mayo...

www.myspace.com/phukdup

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:

www.myspace.com/phukdup

thats real talk... you gotta do what the demand is sometimes to get that money... more money means a better studio and more funds for your own records.

MySpace Gangsta said:
You're a -6.2

And I'm not joking

The day you finish a beat....then holla at me ;)

bobsmitt said:
no comment :cheers: i'm not gonna even go there

SuperChop, see you are one of those people on FP that I dont take seriously as far comments, so it would'nt make a difference anyway. ;)

Last edited:
It wouldn't make a difference anyway because everybody thinks it sucks... So the comments from bobsmitt and myspace gangsta won't change the overall rating

bobsmitt said:
sorry that i sample more than soul music and i like to be creative.
HAHAHAH DUDE U CAN NOT SAY I SAMPLE SOUL IVE NEVER TOUCHED A SOUL SAMPLE IN MY LIFE **** SOUL MAKIN WACK ORIGINAL **** ISNT CONSITERED ORIGINAL 2 GET YA FACTS STRAIGHT BOY BEFOR U MAKIN UP **** AND PERSUMING I SAMPLE ONLY SOUL

Last edited:
What does the winner of this net arguement get? What's your reward? It's all just opinion, no need to get worked up if someone doesn't like your sh*t.

orjanbeats said:
It wouldn't make a difference anyway because everybody thinks it sucks... So the comments from bobsmitt and myspace gangsta won't change the overall rating

I still have'nt figured out what your problem is...me and you have never even had words.....:confused:

I rate myself an 8 but thats not just the beat making i see that as overall ambition drive sound engineering and motivating artists and having a good ear for talent. i reckon i could work with major artists pretty soon but i wudnt call my music mainstream because i always try n hav a bit of style......sum different flava

rando said:
I still have'nt figured out what your problem is...me and you have never even had words.....:confused:

Lol ok so the quality of your music depends whether or not "me and you have had words" ?

My stuff aint even good enough for local dudes let alone the majors. Maybe I'm over critical but a lot of people can get big egos real quick, get a few props on the net and they think are the ****, and that attitude will hurt you in the long run.

I just make beats, sellin beats dont come into my head.

I don't think about how "good" I am... it's all relative... I just make sure I'm always digging, practicing and progressing and the rest takes care of itself

is it about making it big? or is it about making music you, yourself, enjoy? good or not, if you enjoy making music then that's what matters. getting paid for your ish is a bonus. beats on smash and im just havin'fun wit it.

bigdrew3000 said:
Just what I said. You said you think your beats are very monotonous and you would like to be able to add more change ups in your arrangments. That's where your ear comes in and also creativity. Knowing when to have sounds drop in and out, chopping samples and rearranging them, knowing what drumz to use, etc. All that involves your ear and creativity developing and you being able to do more with your music then having a 4 bar loop the entire duration of the song. Just mess around with choppin up a 2 bar loop and see what you come up with. This is a way of training you ear to hear subtle things.

I dont feel like explaining the second parargraph.

okay yeah i know what you mean. i know where things should change up but I just can't find another pattern in the sample usually to make a new pattern.

ya dig

opinion is opinion....many FP members know who are the haters and the real commenters are.

;)

Last edited:
Not to hate, or anything, but how are you going to have 3000 posts on here and be that terrible? the first few beats on your page are serisouly garbage!

Ive been away from fp for a minute... i hope this isnt a sign of how things are going around here....

Back