New USB Midi Breath Controller

charlie83

I have always wanted a breath controller but I never bought one because of the high prices they command, even used on ebay. There is apparently a new USB model from the swedish company TEControl that looks affordable to me and I badly want it. Before I buy it, has anybody any feedback on it?

Sorry I can't post links as I am new here, but you can easily look it up (tecontrol.se) on google.

no experience of this myself, though
Thanks, I just bought it and am looking forward to receiving it. Will report on it when I do.

---------- Post added 05-31-2013 at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-20-2013 at 02:58 PM ----------

I received my new TEControl breath controller and I have become instantly addicted to using it!

I plugged it into my computer which recognized it instantly (no drivers needed). The system recognizes it as a MIDI device which any program can use. I was up and playing in 60 seconds net! It sends MIDI CC 2 on channel 1 but this can be very easily changed using the software configuration utility.

I next downloaded the utility from the manufacturer's website. This small piece of software installed quickly and easily. It is very user friendly and easy to use. No need to learn complicated SysEx messages or hex numbers, just click on the controls and the changes happen instantly. The setup can be saved both to disk and the device's non volatile memory which is great.

The device is surprisingly sensitive to even the slightest pressure variations made with the tongue. The sensitivity can be adjusted in a very flexible way with the software, and instant graphical feedback is given which I like a lot.

I used to draw volume/expression curves by hand with the mouse which is tedious and time consuming. No more! After 20 minutes of practice I get perfect curves directly while playing, usually on take one.

I could not be more pleased with my purchase and I recommend it.

Back