Logic problem. Please help!

L

LindenGarcia18

I was recently given some Orchestrol samples from one of my colledge tutors.

The samples he gave me came in two types

the first type we're ones he'd been working on, processing and shaping them for 8 years. They we're his own personal patches, given to me as an EXS24 File. Ther'e wasn't many of these, maybe 9 or 10.
They we're brass sections, string quartets, ect;

The second type he gave me we're the origonal samples of which he'd been building his own patches from.

Now these we're fantastic samples, and there we're loads.

They we're old AKAI samples from 1997. Very nice indeed. :)

These we're split into 3 folders of SOLO, ENSEMBLE, and WIND.

Heres what I'm looking at: Now he gave me these at college and put them on my mac there from his hard drive. Copied the files straight into Logics sample libraries, which shows up in EXS24.

I then put the files onto my memory stick, and took them home.

When I got home I booted up my mac, and put the samples where he did, in the Sampler instruments folder.

When I loaded up Logic, and the EXS24, both Johns personal patches, and the Original AKAI samples showed up.

HIS patches work fine, and load with no problem...

HOWEVER: The problem lies when I try to open any of the AKAI samples.

I get this message:

I don't understand it.

The samples are clearly there, just like they we're at college.

I really don't understand what to do.

Any ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks People

- Linden

EDIT: They worked fine on the college mac too, just not on mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
simple response: check that they actually exist on your hard drive first (don't try to access them via logic, but go straight to the respective folders......)

They're in EXS24 format only, don't have the WAV files. Will se if I can get them though.

Bare in mind they'll take up 28 gig on you're hard drive.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

simple response: check that they actually exist on your hard drive first (don't try to access them via logic, but go straight to the respective folders......)

Well that first photo is of them on my hard drive in the folder.

Is that what you mean or?

do the .aif files exist on your hard drive? looking through logics browser won't tell you that but looking directly at the individual folders will

do the .aif files exist on your hard drive? looking through logics browser won't tell you that but looking directly at the individual folders will

Oh I see what you mean, I'll have a look.

So there are different files to the exs24 ones?

I assume then theres a .aif file for every one of those exs24 files then, and thats what I'm missing.

Would that mean then that the actual samples themselves are what I'm missing, and that I only have the exs24 loading file?

Kind of confusing, I'm not sure.

aif stands for audio interchange file - it is the mac version of Linear PCM which is the usual content of a wav file

without the aif samples themselves the rest is meaningless

Right I see.

I don't think I have them then.

Weirdly though, all the patches my tutor made work, its just the AKAI samples.

Thanks

possibly because the exs files are a recasting of the original akai samples - i.e .the patches are a transcoding of the original files.......

possibly because the exs files are a recasting of the original akai samples - i.e .the patches are a transcoding of the original files.......

Right I see, thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Logic EXS 24 har an option to convert AKAI format. Are you sure they are converted?

Not quite sure what you mean.

They worked fine at college, just not on my computer when I copied them over.

Cheers

Back