How to Get This Effect? Help please

Not sure about FL Studio but it sounds something like an delay that's alternating its panning between both sides with a downward moving filter (that then moves back up to bring it in), a reverb that increases it's dry/wet (and then decreases to bring it back in.), and a change in volume (down then back up). Just what a sounds like to me after a quick listen... Good Luck!

Hey, b here and I just wanted to know how would get the effect used in the intro to the song 'MANIAC' by Kid Cudi, where the sounds is all 'rattled and static and then it clears up then 'rolls' into the song itself.Kid Cudi - Maniac - YouTube
Im using FL studio btw if a plugin exists for this

High,

There are a number of ways to achieve this effect. Delay and bit-crushing is one way. I would use a graulating delay processed through a high pass filter and running the voice through a modulated filter before going into the granulating delay. Like i said, there are numerous ways to achieve desired results and they all depend on the context - the mix. I have a new gig on Fiverr where i demonstrate techniques and procedures in Logic Pro here: Trkkazulu will show you how to do anything in logic pro for $5, only on fiverr.com Many techniques are the same regardless of platform. Check out my gig and hit me up if you have any more questions.

I hope this helps :-)

Back