Christina - Genie in a Bottle/ProTools session

hackenslash said:
Have we permission to have these files?

Having them is no problem - they are more or les freely available if you know where to look, although not in the format that I supplied.
On the other hand, if you produce and sell a remix version, without obtaining suitable authorisations, I think you'd probably be looking for trouble :sing:

last time i tried something like this my thread got deleted immediately, and here this one has been around since 2007, with one of the mods even commenting on it. . . gotta love it.

well I believe they gave this out freely. That is why the vocals sound like shat. It was more of a promo thing to Digi. At least that is my assumption.

the vocals really are untidy. can here lots of noise from either the mic or the stand. plus noise from headphones. i expected it to be alot more perfect.
some of the sounds used as well are so simple but once in the mix work very well.

anyone have any other major projects split down in this way? very interesting

found a nice sound on sound article bout the making of this song too. hope its not been posted

Sound on Sound: Recording Christina Aguilera's 'Genie In A Bottle'

Last edited:
This is actually really frikkin sweet. I'm gonna go home and install XP Pro just to install Pro Tools to run this. And also use Pro Tools to track FL Studio stuff.

I think every producer should make these available. You can't really make any money off of it if you try to sell it or whatever, and they aren't really losing anything. I know famous DJs like Oakenfold and stuff get them, or get the song in different parts (drums, vocals, melody), but they ask for permission to actually make a song with it.

If I ever become a famous producer, I will release my Pro Tools session. The only thing I will do to it is take out the vocals or the melody. Or mix the melody with the drums so that people can't sample my drums haha (even though real professional equipment can isolate everything but the drums).

If anyone can find the Pro Tools session of Madonna's "4 Minutes" man...post it lol. I would literally cry if I come on one day and just see "Madonna 4 Minutes Pro Tools Session", download/open, see the main window. After that, I would spend about 10 minutes with my eyes wide open, staring in amazement saying "Holy effing ish" and "Oh my freaking God".

DJ_Mc7 said:
This is actually really frikkin sweet. I'm gonna go home and install XP Pro just to install Pro Tools to run this. And also use Pro Tools to track FL Studio stuff.

I think every producer should make these available. You can't really make any money off of it if you try to sell it or whatever, and they aren't really losing anything. I know famous DJs like Oakenfold and stuff get them, or get the song in different parts (drums, vocals, melody), but they ask for permission to actually make a song with it.

If I ever become a famous producer, I will release my Pro Tools session. The only thing I will do to it is take out the vocals or the melody. Or mix the melody with the drums so that people can't sample my drums haha (even though real professional equipment can isolate everything but the drums).

If anyone can find the Pro Tools session of Madonna's "4 Minutes" man...post it lol. I would literally cry if I come on one day and just see "Madonna 4 Minutes Pro Tools Session", download/open, see the main window. After that, I would spend about 10 minutes with my eyes wide open, staring in amazement saying "Holy effing ish" and "Oh my freaking God".

dude get a grip lol

DreaminginStereo said:
dude get a grip lol

Aw come on dude. Don't tell me you wouldn't cry out of happiness if you got your hands on a master recording of one of your favorite producers songs. Even if I had the master recording of songs I've perfectly remade. It would be amazing to see how they laid it out and stuff.

But yo anyways...this song is pretty dope but that dude was bullshizzering when he said "I pitch-bent it differently everytime it happened". It's the exact same tone and pitch-bend the whole track lol.

Oh and I don't know if it's just the Pro Tools version of it that makes the vocals sound crappy or whatever, but I used FL Studio to sequence it all together and it sounds beautiful.

straypixel said:
All I can vouch for is the process I used: the session was saved from Mac PT TDM 6.9 to a FAT32 drive. The session folder was then zipped on a PC using WinRAR.
Saving it to a FAT32 drive was the mistake, that's why no one on a Mac can read it. Could you upload it again in it's original format? I would like to have the single audio files and session rather than the stems only. TIA :) In exchange I could provide the full acapella as a stereo mixdown with effects.

PTooler said:
Saving it to a FAT32 drive was the mistake, that's why no one on a Mac can read it. Could you upload it again in it's original format? I would like to have the single audio files and session rather than the stems only. TIA :) In exchange I could provide the full acapella as a stereo mixdown with effects.

I don't see why saving to FAT 32 would affect Mac users in any way. Where exactly do you see a problem ?

Both file type and creator headers are lost in all files of the .rar archive. This is due to the FAT32 format I believe. Whatever it is, since file type/creator infos are lost I can't open the files. I was able to add file type and creator to the PT session file but that did not work for the SD2 audio files.

PTooler said:
Both file type and creator headers are lost in all files of the .rar archive. This is due to the FAT32 format I believe. Whatever it is, since file type/creator infos are lost I can't open the files. I was able to add file type and creator to the PT session file but that did not work for the SD2 audio files.

If you're working under MacOSX which you almost certainly are now, the old problems under OS9 of losing resources simply don't exist anymore. Type and creator is not a problem either. The extension suffix handles that, and if there is no extension, you just have to tell ProTools to open the extensionless file. If the file is valid, it will open. :) For the the SD2 files, you can just add the .sd2 extension.

Last edited:
Fred Bloggs said:
If you're working under MacOSX which you almost certainly are now, the old problems under OS9 of losing resources simply don't exist anymore. Type and creator is not a problem either. The extension suffix handles that, and if there is no extension, you just have to tell ProTools to open the extensionless file. If the file is valid, it will open. :) For the the SD2 files, you can just add the .sd2 extension.
No, you are mistaken. If I tell you that PT doesn't recognize the files whatever I add to the files, then it is that way. I work with PT HD, version 7.4.2 and 8.0 and the files are all f***ed. If you can open the session with all audio files then do me the favour and make a "Save Copy In..." and choose WAV for the audio files. ;) The session can be found here: megaupload.com/?d=W8LBHJPC

PTooler said:
No, you are mistaken. If I tell you that PT doesn't recognize the files whatever I add to the files, then it is that way. I work with PT HD, version 7.4.2 and 8.0 and the files are all f***ed. If you can open the session with all audio files then do me the favour and make a "Save Copy In..." and choose WAV for the audio files. ;) The session can be found here: megaupload.com/?d=W8LBHJPC

Sorry, but I am NOT mistaken. If you can't open the files then they are corrupt but it is NOT due to a passage on a PC FAT32 disc, assuming you are under Mac OSX of some flavour and that's a fact ! If your files are corrupt, the reason lies elsewhere. I only use ProTools at work, so I don't think I can see to this for you (access to the equipment etc.). Perhaps some other kind soul could help you out ;)

Fred Bloggs said:
Sorry, but I am NOT mistaken. If you can't open the files then they are corrupt but it is NOT due to a passage on a PC FAT32 disc, assuming you are under Mac OSX of some flavour and that's a fact ! If your files are corrupt, the reason lies elsewhere. I only use ProTools at work, so I don't think I can see to this for you (access to the equipment etc.). Perhaps some other kind soul could help you out ;)

Fact is that the files can't be read, period. They lost their file type and creator headers as I already stated. I really don't care how it happened but this .rar archive is full of broken files. Adding extensions doesn't change anything. Would be cool if someone could get it to work...

dvyce said:
There is ABSOLUTELY protection in the multitrack recordings.

No doubt about it, I have nothing illegal in mind with my inquiry. Anyway, issues solved.

I have that Mariah Carey - we belong together session file...I'll upload it if anyone wants it

Back