Any tips?

forget the beats by dre - waste of money for a name rather than good gear

any daw will do nicely - protools was the first but is not necessarily the best

How did those headphones end up in the production world anyway. I can sort of see their use for listening to some music while taking the bus, or even at home. But that's about where the use for them ends for me. And it definitely isn't something I would want to have. Comparing them to my just as expensive beyerdynamic dt880's I sometimes wonder what is going on inside people's heads.

it's called celebrity marketing and placement - if Dre has his name on them they must be for producing!!! (NOT!)

How many folks actually know how to read a spec chart and frequency response chart to make a decision about different pairs of headphones

The question was pretty rhetorical. Also you would think that people who are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on their hobby might want to invest some time into studying the different aspects of it.

Last edited:
perhaps, but not everyone is as motivated to know what works and why - most are driven by so-and-so uses this, therefore I must use this.......

-FL Studio
-Beringher 900
-M-Audio FastTrak USB
-Beats By Dre Heaphones
-Nice Mix And Mastering Skills

---Check Out My Mixtape To See How All That Sounds----
JayNino - Iamsuppajay(damixtape) Hosted by SCEMixtapes // Free Mixtape @ DatPiff.com

Nothing in this should ever be called the best fyi

I also use 880 pros ( also have 2 sets of 770s ) and my software of choice is Samplitude over PT although I do have a PT setup for those who want to use it for the name. I do mastering in sequoia but most people are not going to drop a few grand on mastering software but this is a "best" question and in my many years of doing this it is the best for mastering.

I hate when people buy products because so and so has it or they saw it on someones youtube video learn to read up on gear and I think someone already stated all headphones should have a freq response chart on the box you should check out.

which: twit, fool, twat, boob, jerk, dolt, clod, dope, loon?

I haven't even ever heard of half of those. But they all seem to fit the description quite well just by the sound of them. Dolt, clod?

The word I had in mind was much less nice so let's just call it ignorant. :)

Last edited:
Pro Tools is not better than FL Studio neither is Pro Tools better than any Daw all these beats are being made with FL Studio so everyone should have one

Back