what is 4x4 beats

KonKossKang

Ozagas
is that like {}---{}---{}---{}---?Trying to make a dnb with a tiny/house section track again because my first try went everywhere : l

those weird looking symbols i had to use to illustrate the sequencer i couldnt explain it with words

The only thing i can think of is a 4 to the floor or a 4/4 beat with a bass hit falling on each main measure 1,2,3,4.

Can you tell me how are you going to achieve a house part on a drum and bass song? Because dnb is usually 174bpm, and house normally sits on the 128bpm range. I have seen dnb songs switching to Psytrance with ease, because of tempo similarities.

You know, at 174+ bpm, a song with 4 on the floor beat was (and still is) commonly called "breakbeat hardcore".

all my shit is 90bpm, sometimes im just not in the mood to tempo sync so ill even go as high as 93.

ive transitioned from dnb into the 4x4 thing but it was a mess man haha.

all my shit is 90bpm, sometimes im just not in the mood to tempo sync so ill even go as high as 93.

ive transitioned from dnb into the 4x4 thing but it was a mess man haha.

That's because of the stylistic differences between those two styles, man. IMO, some styles are good to mix together (brostep and electro house, for example), while others don't mix well.

I'll explain one of this stylistic differences, so you get what I'm saying: normally, the kick used for a house song has lots of things going on the sub area, to get that "pumping feel" of what you hear on clubs (also lots of sidechaining), while drum and bass kicks normally don't have that much going on the sub area, because it'll be occupied by the sub bass itself (hence the name of the style). To mix the two, you'd need to have at least two different kicks (one for the dnb part, other for the house part), or tweak the kick with different specs for each part (which I believe would be a pain in the a**).

there was a song from a fairy tail intro that sounded like reggae, dnb and a tiny bit of house

(then i tried to imitate it with skullgirls, did not end well) howver i will try what you suggested.

90 can be fast as 140 so after about 2012 i stopped changing bpms altogether

(got used to fl's/reason's/ableton's bitchass zoom features haha)

Last edited:
Can you post a sample of this song you're working? I wanna listen to what it sounds like.

Im not working on a new track yet or decided on whether or not to redo skullgrils, but lemme give ya the vucked up version

some parts the opera woman voice is clearly not meshing well wit the beat

Back