Know any Arrangement Rules and Tips?

damn man, if you can't add something positive don't add anything - just because you don't think there are doesn't mean there aren't any....

In fact I am willing to suggest that you have your own set of rules for writing, arranging and orchestrating which I can tie back to one or more arranging and orchestration textbooks

Great knowledge from you BC, thanks for those posts. Arragement is something I need to improve. Keep dropping great info like that :)

damn man, if you can't add something positive don't add anything - just because you don't think there are doesn't mean there aren't any....

In fact i am willing to suggest that you have your own set of rules for writing, arranging and orchestrating which i can tie back to one or more arranging and orchestration textbooks

fool i said there are none.. Everyone's has different idea's i may say use a repeating open hat.. U may not like that.. U know.. Plus personally.. I always throw something different in a beat.. Like **** it.. I'll try it.. So realy there are no rules

So who forgot to send me the memo about manners being optional once you have a placement??????

i said there are none.. Everyone's has different idea's i may say use a repeating open hat.. U may not like that.. U know.. Plus personally.. I always throw something different in a beat.. Like **** it.. I'll try it.. So realy there are no rules

This time you actually offered something constructive - which is

a) that for you there are no rules, but
b) I'll always experiment

b) means that you do have rules, in that you are always exploring new ideas - that is a method of working which loosely translates to most peoples of concepts of rules for making music......

If you're getting writers block, go do something to calm you down.
ex: video games, food, tv, exercise yada yada

Understand what you like about your favorite songs. Really think about it. Once you are clear on what you know sounds good, you can trust yourself to make it sound even better.

these are the best threads
you can also listen to what others before you have done
i mean listen to musicians you like and check their songstructures...

so who forgot to send me the memo about manners being optional once you have a placement??????

This time you actually offered something constructive - which is

a) that for you there are no rules, but
b) i'll always experiment

b) means that you do have rules, in that you are always exploring new ideas - that is a method of working which loosely translates to most peoples of concepts of rules for making music......

i don't have rules sometimes i'll throw somethin a lil different in.. Sometimes not.. If it's too wild for the beat.. I won't throw it in.. But what defines too wild.. Know what i mean... There are no rules to this shit!! Lol

Stay in your scale. That's the most important advice I can think of :) Mixes can all be fixed and can be learned but music theory is something I consider extremely important, that's where you gotta start off, mate.

i'm new to layering, but i've noticed melodies are like within a half step of each otherat least in gospel music. if the interval is greater than a step its probabaly in the chord/tonic major scale degrees.... just something to look at.

harks back to an old post of mine

about melodic distances in melodies

Interval sizefrequency
Unison (same note)30%
Minor 2nd/Major 2nd30%
Minor 3rd/Major 3rd30%
Larger than a 3rd10%

The 2nd 3rd and 4th interval sizes can be further broken down into moving up or down and you usually find that that is 50:50 option i.e. equally likely to move up as down.......

Back