I Don't Know If I Should Keep Producing

Handmade

I don't know if I should keep producing. Been doing it since May, had a Maschine for a couple days but a keyboard for almost a month. I learned a little music theory, chords, scales, etc. and want to learn more, but I feel like I can't write any good melodies, and I honestly feel like giving up. Any advice? Will I get better if I put the time into it, cause I work hard and put a lot of time into this. Thanks, guys.

quit so there's less competition for me

^^^^ exactly
but seriously you got to do what you got to do
keep making music...takes break and read about music theory
and just practice...period
everyone learns at a different pace
learning the piano in general can take a long time and then getting to the point where you can really get nasty on the piano takes years of practice
but during the "long time" and the "years of practice"

you can make some dope instrumentals

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rted/studio-upgrade-what-do-you-think-415775/

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

I don't know if I should keep producing. Been doing it since May, had a Maschine for a couple days but a keyboard for almost a month. I learned a little music theory, chords, scales, etc. and want to learn more, but I feel like I can't write any good melodies, and I honestly feel like giving up. Any advice? Will I get better if I put the time into it, cause I work hard and put a lot of time into this. Thanks, guys.

You have not put in any work.

If you really want to quit, do it now. Do not put in 10 years of work and then consider quitting. Either work at it for 10 yers straight or quit today.

There is no in between if you want to be successful. You have to do the work.

If you second guess yourself... quit now.

No one in this game will respect you if you don't know you're good at what you do... would you wanna buy a beat from someone who's not 110% sure that the track he just made is FIRE... have confidence in yourself because no one else will.

But when you do quit, make sure to mail me that Maschine.

Keep doing it if you like doing it. This shouldn't be about competition, and if you think about it - no one would expect you to be stellar if you said "oh, I've been playing the guitar for a few months". It just takes time.

creating music is for people who are artistic by nature and who are NOT AFRAID TO FAIL. before this, i was drawing since i was about seven years old. still do. AND...i come from a line of people who create with their hands. so i think it has to be in you for you to get good. i also have the ability known as patience. something a lot of people lack for some odd reason.

i started making beats in '07 but really didn't see any progress until just recently because i had trouble understanding what i was making and what kind of producer i was since i wasn't really focused on it or the business side of things. then it (inspiration) FINALLY hit me when i started to really listen to progressive house music which was totally out of my realm. i mean totally. and dude, it--changed--my--life. i got so inspired that it forced me to be better than what i was. it worked to.

so unless you are ready to change your lifestyle for the better and maybe worse, read up on some material, take criticism, lose a ton of sleep, engage in countless trials and errors to get "that sound"...then this is NOT for you. But if you can handle it, well dude get your a55 in gear and get back on that horse homey!! :-)

Arthur_D's sets on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Last edited:
If you enjoy making music and it's something you want just keep on even if it might be discouraging at times. Remember that when you are starting out now it's a lot of information to take in. Take a short break and come back to it, watch youtube vids, listen to a lot of music and try to imagine how they put it together. Don't do it because you wanna "make it". Do it because it's something you enjoy. People have different levels of creativity but it is also something that can be practiced just like anything else.

If you enjoy doing this, then by all means continue.
It is normal at first to not have the ability to make great melodies and great structures, it comes with knowledge and experience. To put it short it takes time.
But if you enjoy the process of making music, even if the result is shit, then you are on your way. When I first started, everything I made was crap, but I loved it because it was mine, I made it.
In my opinion, there is no talent , there is just the desire of doing what you like and the hard work required to get recognition for it.

Back