Drum rolls?

Nasir33149

It seems that Ive always kinda had problems with this, dont really know how to make it to sound good with an arpeggiator cause and I just cant get it to sound right in the piano roll. Any advices guys, tutorials? :) Thanks..

Don't use an arpeggiator. It's fun at times, but the benefits of not usin one are even better. All depending on what arpeggiator you're actually using, but I'm sure it's not that sophisticated. With that bein said; practice, remake some, get off that grid, the velocity & panning aren't necessary, but they'll definetly set it off. Idk what you workin in, but what helps me is workin in doubletime, & I've recently started workin on quadruple time as well. You can do all the same things in normaltime, but it's just the ease of it. Ain't no advice gon help you more then the actual experience of puttin in that work. Take some of the ideas I've stated & even come up with your own.

You should be able to achieve what you need to do in the piano roll. Put your quantization to 1/32 and put the notes in there, until the timing sounds good. Just mess around. Change each notes velocities and add a little swing to some notes to humanize it.

Back