Boston HD7 High Def Speakers. Sensitivity :90dB/W/m

SixxiS

I'm not a speaker head by any means, those are the speakers I have now. I want to know if I should go out and get monitors. Sometime when I'm making a beat and everything's going good. I would take off the speakers and play the sound through my laptop speakers and I would hear like a whole different element that wasn't played in the speakers. And I would be so pissed cause I'd be halfway through a beat >.< anyway. So should I go out and get a pair of Rokit 5's or something. Or do I have a good set of speakers but I'm just not using them right.

EDIT: I have the speakers hooked up to an amp and then from the amp an aux cable goes too my laptop. Is there some tweaking I can do from the amp to make the sound as accurate as possible ? I really want to avoid buying new monitors because I want a mic as well, but if I have to I guess I will. Thanks alot in advance !

Oh and here's a link to a beat tape I just did since soundcloud was ****ing around yesterday https://soundcloud.com/rayftw/sets/nihilist-iii-1

I have looked into this issue, specifically your speaker specs and cannot even find a spec sheet - Boston audio do not even acknowledge that they have ever had a model with that model number

more information may help to unravel what is going here

post-15-1137702202.jpg

Here's the spec sheet. Not exactly what you'd call comprehensive though...

But well, given the prices at which these are going for, it's pretty safe to assume they're not exactly super high fidelity.

Back