Rolling Stones Legend Hates Hip-Hop Because of Computer Aided Music

tomchuurch

The Rolling Stones' Keith Richard has declared he hates hip hop.

The guitarist explained his disliked the genre for its vocal delivery and computer aided beats.

"Hip-hop leaves me cold. But there are some people out there who think it's the meaning of life," he told Rolling Stone magazine. "I don't wanna be yelled at, I wanna be sung to."

"I never really understood why someone would want to have some gangster from L.A. poking his fingers in your face," he added. "As I say, it don't grab me. I mean the rhythms are boring - they're all done on computers."

Richards' comments following an eventful few months for the guitarist.

He told NME.COM he snorted some of his father's ashes, causing a worldwide media sensation.

What do you think of this? Personally, I think the **** on the radio is giving the Hip-Hop community a real bad image. We all know there is quality production out there, with REAL instruments.

He seems real bitter towards Hip-Hop and a bit behind the times. Since when did rappers yell lol, I thought they RAPPED. It's Rock groups that yell...

All Hiphop being played on MTV and the Radio is pure garbage nowadays. It used to be different, but kids get easily fooled by people dictating what they should think is cool.

Who cares what Keith Richards has to say about hiphop?
If he would be involved in some hiphop-oriented project, maybe but this is just..nothin really.

^^lol right?

yo i got respect for the stones, but on the real, who is he to say he doesn't like being yelled at, he wants to be sung to, when Mick Jagger was yellin his ass off.

Jersey8five6 said:
^^lol right?

yo i got respect for the stones, but on the real, who is he to say he doesn't like being yelled at, he wants to be sung to, when Mick Jagger was yellin his ass off.

lol ....

may be he likes being yelled at with dissorted electric guitar in the background ...... no disrespect for rock music ....I dont understand why rockers hate hip hop ...I know people who rock Iron Maiden and Mettalica they think rap is for kids and to prove their point they use 50cent .....

Keith Richards is a junkie who once confessed to snorting his fathers ashes(although i dont believe that for a second)....my point is....fuk what he says.........

Clearly from Mr Richards comment shows he is outta of touch. ..."all it all being done on computers?" well nearly everything nowadays is done on computers nowadays, i.e. passing the signals through the finest SSL or Neve desks going onto a protools/logic sequencer.. Unless he's got beef with the soundcard converters, what difference does a sequencer have 4/5 peice band? Or maybe the beef is using sampled drum hits? or maybe, his beef is the timeless classic that rockers dont like hiphop just because... I agree with one of above posts, this new age HIPHOp that's coming through is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dull..

Jersey8five6 said:

Lol that's exactly what I was thinking!

Last edited:
lol, Nobody cares what grandpa ass keith richards has to say about anything. He's just mad his grandkids listen to it instead of him.

Lol............

HEY YOU KNOW WHAT???

Lets all start sampling Rolling Stones songs and sequence them on COMPUTERS, and post em on our myspace and put....

Produced by Hitz courtasy of his computer.

:monkey:

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually do care more about what Keith Richard has to say about music than 50 Cent or Game or any other -modern fashion icon / industry puppet- out there right now.
Might be just me being kind of a grandpa myself though. :D

Last edited:
apparently he's gna be pirates of the carrabean.. whatever relevence that has.. (none) ahhah

"I never really understood why someone would want to have some gangster from L.A. poking his fingers in your face,"

He didn't say he doesn't like hip-hop, he's saying he doesn't like west coast rap. ;)

Richards has been wacking heroin for 40+ years, and is a grumpy old ****. **** him.

Other guitarists from his era, like Eric Clapton, David Gilmore and Jimmy Page are clearly much better than him on that instrument.

Its funny, cuz he isn't much different from rappers...lost of hos, drugs, music....yelling, "rocking" theres not too much difference...

Howard Stern said:
Damn, let the man have his opinion. What's the big deal.

True.

But he has to keep it real.

"The Rolling Stones’ first original hit song,..., was 'derivative of a gospel tune popularized by the Five Blind Boys of Mississippi called ‘This Could Be The Last Time.'"

Who is he to talk about originality?

I love the Stones, but keep it fuggin' real.

Last edited:
Back