Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch...wtf

H

havok...

first, opinions on tha song? beat?

ok ok, now to my real question. wtf is that in tha main melody? its people talking, but does anyone know if its sampled from a movie or something?

I actually love this track...

But im thinking, it might be just, like a little part of a movie, where some b!tch is yelling, just looped..who knows?

me 2. this is one of my favorite tracks on the album. i think the beat is
pretty creative

the main melody isn't the vocals, it just plays the background. i think the guitars are the main melody.

the vocals say "give the drumer some" *chop* "yea" *chop* "yea"

i didnt like it at first, then it grew on me hella quick, now i listen to it all tha time. same wit High Definition.

Jersey8five6 said:
the vocals say "give the drumer some" *chop* "yea" *chop* "yea"

ok...i can hear that...are u sure thats what it says?

hip hop saved my life grew on me a lot. i like little weopon from the start, i think i listened to it too much now.

The album isn't growing on me at all. Could have done much, much better imo.

Still can't stand Gold Watch.

There were what, 20 songs on the album, all going in about 10 different directions (earthy/organic, synthy/futuristic, rock-hop, wish I was southern ala MIMS, etc) Should have picked just one direction for the album and made a 15 track album.

Is it just me or does the vocal sample make it kind of hard to catch what he's saying?

The sample was two diff parts one was the backgroun organic like mountains long red and at a performance also ex long red by the way michael young history

Jersey8five6 said:
^wut song was southern to u?

I wouldn't say a "southern song"...but at times he would try to rhyme with a forced accent like on Go-Go Gadget. Other times he sounded like wayne (The coolest). Just wasn't being himself it seemed. Sounded like a different MC from song to song. A lot of that was in the mixing too, probably.

dkp said:
Is it just me or does the vocal sample make it kind of hard to catch what he's saying?

Me too...its like my ears tune into the vocal sample as if its supposed to be the vocals of the song. Its disconcerting.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think this album is dope and nah i don't see no resemblence to lil wayne at all on the coolest.....this is one track that i don't dig tho i think that vocal sample is over the top for me it's actually a chic talking nah man i can do without that......minus a couple other songs like "GO GO GADGET" **** is just annoying to me but the rest of the album was definitely crazy well i enjoy it.

Not to hate, but them vocals throughout the track kill any vibe it might of had. All I can think is b!tch hush! Or Lupe hush!... Too conflicting.

yeah he did sound a lot like wayne on the coolest. especially when he starts the verse with the i love stuff

Y-ROC said:
yeah he did sound a lot like wayne on the coolest. especially when he starts the verse with the i love stuff

Yeah I'm not a Wayne fan but you gotta give him credit when you got MC's light years ahead of him like Lupe jacking your style.

Its not just that song...it pops up from time to time on other songs but thats the main one.

The coolest verses were impart influenced by houston Rappers so the "stuff" is "drank"

He doesn't list the vocal sample in the booklet/credits.........according to that he only used one sample for the whole album. And he said in some interview that he hated sampling music.

dkp said:

yeah it does kinda.

Also, I just gotta vent about Lupe Jackin Wayne's Style on the Coolest.
there's only a few parts in there where he sounds like him and thats only cause how he pronounces the words, but other than that not really. besides i think we all know Wayne doesnt make songs like that anyway.

Back