I Met A Fellow Artist In The Mall Yesterday

Justin Rockwell

Soooo, I was walkin through the mall yesterday and this rapper approached me and was trying to sell his album to people he passed by LOL!!!!! Solicting in a mall(a major mall) LOL!!!!

Anyway, when he approached me, he asked "hey you wanna buy my album??" (though I've never heard of him) and I told him I did'nt have money on me (I did :D), but I saw his myspace name on his album cover and decided to check him when I got home.....

I visted this guys myspace page and he is garbage LMAO!!!

http://www.myspace.com/heydigem --LMAO!!!!!

He should've had flyers or cards that showed a link to his myspace and he should have had a SNOCAP account.

... should've just given out the flyers or cards... instead of bugging people to buy on the spot....

No one is going to buy before listening anymore...

I remmber being at an open mic and mc's were trying to sell their mixtape and noone even heard of em or wat they even sound like, dude ask me if i wanna support him, I said I never heard of u or even know how u sound like yet alone if ur nice. He says well im nice , LMAo yea like imma trust his words

i still would have bought the album .. i almost always support cats tryin to do their music thing even if its whack or not... I dont do it all the time but a lot of the time I do.

JuggernautBlack said:
i still would have bought the album .. i almost always support cats tryin to do their music thing even if its whack or not... I dont do it all the time but a lot of the time I do.

I did that one time because a guy from FP was on the back of the CD the dude was trying to sell me. I told him "Hey, I know that dude! Tell him Bigg Rome copped one." I got it in the car and played it...

I've never even considered doing it again. All of the songs were at different volumes, some of the artists' verses were louder than the other artists' verses... they had C level singers singing hooks, like they said "Get your sister, we just need a female voice on the hook... SHAMEKAAAA! Come in here and sing!".

Twas pretty bad... so now I gotta hear it before I buy... or I can buy 5 real songs for $0.99 off of iTunes.

$0.88 on Wal-Mart's site...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah I usually buy dude's albums if they're $5. They usually go for around $5 which if I have extra money at the time I'm happy to support somebody's hustle, 2 out of 5 times they're garbage but I've come across some nice ones in the past.

i don't understand why it's so funny that someone was tryin to hustle their music rando. he's steps ahead of all the cats still dreamin and talking bout 'ima' shyt, like 'ima do an album' and 'ima get some printed up' and 'ima go out and sell them'

talk is cheap, i respect most cats who have gone far enough to have a product their tryin to sell. doesn't mean their product is any good, but it aint as easy as it looks/sounds.

DeeBlaze33 said:
i don't understand why it's so funny that someone was tryin to hustle their music rando. he's steps ahead of all the cats still dreamin and talking bout 'ima' shyt, like 'ima do an album' and 'ima get some printed up' and 'ima go out and sell them'

talk is cheap, i respect most cats who have gone far enough to have a product their tryin to sell. doesn't mean their product is any good, but it aint as easy as it looks/sounds.

Rando is offline and has'nt posted in like in a month. I talked to him the other day.

biggrome said:
I did that one time because a guy from FP was on the back of the CD the dude was trying to sell me. I told him "Hey, I know that dude! Tell him Bigg Rome copped one." I got it in the car and played it...
who was it?

Justin RockWell said:
Rando is offline and has'nt posted in like in a month. I talked to him the other day.
u shoulda kept rando. it's so awkward typing Justin Rockwell. i liked calling u rando better.

Last edited:
biggrome said:
He should've had flyers or cards that showed a link to his myspace and he should have had a SNOCAP account.

... should've just given out the flyers or cards... instead of bugging people to buy on the spot....

Maan cats like this do that all the time down here n texas, 1 dude was like yo u wanna buy my album i got zro on it, lil flip, paul wall, trae, big moe i was like its ur album r u on it lol it was like he said evrabody elses name be4 he said his own name, it was like he was promote'n for them nuccaz, i was walkin 2 my car from the club nucca ran me down n the parkin lot tryna sale cds lol wtf i cant knock the hustle but come on maan lol if u from texas im sure this has happend 2 u!

biggrome said:

I've never even considered doing it again. All of the songs were at different volumes, some of the artists' verses were louder than the other artists' verses... they had C level singers singing hooks, like they said "Get your sister, we just need a female voice on the hook... SHAMEKAAAA! Come in here and sing!".

Twas pretty bad... so now I gotta hear it before I buy... or I can buy 5 real songs for $0.99 off of iTunes.

$0.88 on Wal-Mart's site...

I see where u comin from.. but like Ive never ran across an album that was just god awful like that. Its more so that I respect the hustle u know? They out there tryin to get people to hear em which is what most real artists want,, to be heard, ... guess im a sucker for that

I try to buy everybody's cds here in my city. Well, except a few emcees/groups I KNOW I don't like. Not a d@mn thing wrong with trying to sell cds in the mall. I don't even get why anybody thought it was funny.

biggrome said:

People in the hood don't have computers though.

DeeBlaze33 said:

Props DP, put it into perspective. There's lots of aspects on the music business to respect, the hustle game is a big one.

And yeah, I buy alot of local cat's stuff too, but usually only after shows in the parking lots. Can cop some nice ****, I bought a disc the other weekend for 7 bucks and it had like 34 tracks on it, most were pretty damn tight. The MC was dope, he made all his own beats though (average tracks IMO). I gave him my card and a 4 track demo disc too as a result :D

Ill let you know if it jumps off.

Back