Ernie Isley question.

VersacePython

I'm obviously new to the site and after review of the site for other issues, I decided to sign up.

My question to you all is ,if possible, be able to tell me what was Ernie Isley's guitar of preference. I would defintely like to know what he used in "Voyage to Atlantis". I searched for different guitars and emulators and haven't came across the sound yet; it would be a great help too. I recently started discovering guitar as a new way for unique production and I'm having fun learning what I can.

based on quick google image search and the images that come up as a result, it appears that he prefers a strat style guitar whether made by fender or schecter or others

re

Ive always seen him with strats and it sounds like it to me. Then you need a big muff pie and a octavia and a Marshall Plexi and your good to go. And Hendrix as your first teacher doesnt hurt.

Hello VersacePython...came across your question. This is Chris Jasper, former member of the Isley Brothers and Isley-Jasper-Isley. Ernie and I were responsible for writing and producing all the Isley and IJI music from 1973-1987. So, to answer your question, Ernie's guitar of preference was always a Fender Stratocaster. Take care and visit me on my website where I posted all the music from my 10 albums since my days with the Isleys (chrisjasper<dot>com) and my facebook page (facebook<dot>com/chris<dot>h<dot>jasper).

Ha! Chris Jasper; outstanding!

We certainly hope you'll spend a little more time around here at Future Producers...

GJ

Back