Don't be paranoid about beat jacking - you've got nothing worth stealing!

messyman

Why is it that so many newbie hip hop artists think that their stuff is actually worth stealing? Some of you guys are just paranoid. Having heard much of the stuff on SoundClick, i'd say unjustifiably paranoid too.

I know that somewhere out there there's a new hip hop producer who has great musical talent, fantastic original ideas and a style that's worth stealing, but the chances are that you're not him.

I've seen so many posts about how you should have a voice over on one channel every 3 seconds to stop someone sampling your 128kbit mp3... etc i can only assume that some of you have been smoking too much weed and that psychosis is setting in :)

Electronic musicians and other genres of music makers don't seem so obsessed by getting ripped off, so why is it so in hip hop? How many documented cases have their really been of an unknown tune on the internet etc being ripped off by a commercial rapper or beat maker? I guess it may have happened at some point...

I was prompted to post this because it seems that the newer beatmakers are the most paranoid. I just checked a few tracks on SC which really didn't need these "spoilers" on there.

Really a lot of you guys should chill out & just try get the word out there. I'm not saying don't protect your creations - just think rationally about it.

Music is an artform. What's the real chances of your 1st few beats (or any of them) you post on SoundClick being worth stealing? I think it's probably the same chance you'd have of painting the Mona Lisa if you never picked up a paint brush before.

MM

Thanks for shattering every last bit of morale I have, then putting the shattered pieces into a blender, followed by feeding the remanants to a stray dog with AIDs.

messyman, u sound fed up.

LoL, I agree with you on some parts though. A lot of peeps are too paranoid here. I hope my sh*t does get jacked. I need money and suein is an easy way to come up these days.

Seriously though, I agree with what your saying. My shyt is not worth steaing nor is it possible as there is nothing on my soundclick page:D

Last edited:
YoungHové said:
Thanks for shattering every last bit of morale I have, then putting the shattered pieces into a blender, followed by feeding the remanants to a stray dog with AIDs.

dogs cant get aids. it was designed for humans.

Unfortunately beat biters are very common in hiphop...but most newbs really have nothing to worry about..I mean, they are all busy trying to copy Kanye and who ever is hot at the moment anyway, so they are basically worried about someone stealing the Idea that they stole first.

Thats real, actually what should happen is the already big producers should worry about the soundclick biters stealing THEIR tracks. I'm also more worried about other soundclick theives and biters jackin my idea than anybody big which most likely wont happen because they have more important things to do.

Last edited:
mistaox said:
Unfortunately beat biters are very common in hiphop...but most newbs really have nothing to worry about..I mean, they are all busy trying to copy Kanye and who ever is hot at the moment anyway, so they are basically worried about someone stealing the Idea that they stole first.

HOW DO I GET THAT HIGH PITCHED VOICE LIKE KANYES I WANT TO MAKE HOT BEATS FOR MY SOUNDCLICK PAGE HOW DO YOU GET YOUR DRUMS LIKE HIM ALSO I LIKE KANYE

Beat Off said:
Thats real, actually what should happen is the already big producers should worry about the soundclick biters stealing THEIR tracks. I'm also more worried about other soundclick theives and biters jackin my idea than anybody big which most likely wont happen because they have more important things to do.
They don't. They wait for peple to copy their shyt pay 'em $150 thru a middle man, and use the biter's beat as an industry beat. I just call it sheisty ghostproducing scouting.

Last edited by a moderator:
j-traxx said:
i suck. i dont have to worry bout that shyt.

Actually, I just sent several A&Rs those Amped and Frolic Through Ivory beats under my name.

And before you respond, remember, don't be hatin:o

YoungHové said:

Actually, I just sent several A&Rs those Amped and Frolic Through Ivory beats under my name.

And before you respond, remember, don't be hatin:o

LMAO...

yeah 128 is poop. The only beats that I would use at 128 cuz they still sound tight as hell are Jasons'.

Jos

messyman said:

Music is an artform. What's the real chances of your 1st few beats (or any of them) you post on SoundClick being worth stealing? I think it's probably the same chance you'd have of painting the Mona Lisa if you never picked up a paint brush before.

even tho that was a bit of a morale killer, i have to agree with you 100%.

Back