DJ Khaled moves only 40,000 units first week - SMH

Kendall143

Cash Money/Republic rapper DJ Khaled's Kiss the Ring, the follow-up to last year's We the Best Forever, is on target for 35-40k as the second-highest debut of the week. (HITS Daily Double)

http://www.sohh.com/2012/08/dj_khaleds_kiss_the_ring_first-week_sale.html

Last edited:
smh @ 40k? when was the last time you moved 40k? I'd love to move 40k lol. Also is this just cd sales or sales overall. I have it ready to play in spotify

you think 40,000 IS Good?
first week sales

his albums always hover around 40-80k in sales first week.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

record sales mean nothing to khaled. It costs him nothing to get the features because of the relationships he has and the production are handled by mostly producers signed to him. He's the president of Def Jam South so he getting a piece of everything regardless

and then he's still getting booked to do live shows and basically just introduce the artists to perform lol. It's a pretty sweet gig

record sales dont matter much

yea, that is why I said, Deranged... cause it is getting good reviews as far the songs are concerned.
so smh cause it only did 40,000

Last edited:
Dj khaled is a about his singles

"I'm on one" went gold for digital sales only ( don't know if he released a physical copy)

I expect 40k. Released it at the wrong time. Too late and too early. Got to know that momentum zone for a release man. Or it wll feel like it's just songs floating. Didn't know it was released. But Ross made sure I knew when his album dropped......2 Chainz....Jeezy when he drop....Drake.....so 40k.......yeah.

Dj khaled is a about his singles

"I'm on one" went gold for digital sales only ( don't know if he released a physical copy)

Digital music are currently lower than physical product, tracks will be certified

Gold (100,000 downloads),
Platinum (200,000 downloads)

and multi-Platinum (starting at 400,000 and following in increments of 200,000 thereafter).

How much money do musicians really get paid in this new digital marketplace?
Radiohead: Artists often screwed by digital downloads

http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/2010/how-much-do-music-artists-earn-online/

Last edited:
Spoofs and parodies > rap music in the digital world.

Got damn!!! 72 million out of no where. fuuck a DJ Khaled.....he ain't the best.

This shit right there is colser to some Thriller shit!!!! That's how you do it! Niggas is cheap and expect to much.

Last edited:
Hip Hop with Nas & Scarface was the best track on that album...they placed it in an akward position though it was like the 3rd track and then the album was followed by like 10 trap songs. I guess it would have sent the wrong message to put it at the end lol.

Who cares what he moved?
I didn't even know people bought his albums.
No hate but I can't listen to Khaled since he tried to put himself in the same class as Quincy Jones, producer wise.
It was just too much, I laughed like 5 times from that video.

dude makes hot ****ing records. i do not care if he made "the beet" or not.

this was like, the only DJ Khaled album that had more than 3 songs I liked.

leeeets get it started, lets go so dumb we retarded
get high as we wanna lets go and burn down a forresss

I think that's a low number if you look at the names on his album

Lil Wayne, Kanye, T.I., Future, Ross, Nas, Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa, J. Cole, Big KRIT,Ace Hood, Tyga, Birdman, Wale, Kirko Bangz, Meek Mill, French Montana, Chris Brown, 2 Chainz, Kendrick Lamar, Mack Maine, Scarface

... all that and only 40,000?

The really badd thing is that he's on Cash Money and with features like that he ain't gonna have no money. The sad thing is "hip-hop" with Nas and Face ,like foot said, is a f_ckin classic track.

Last edited:
Spoofs and parodies > rap music in the digital world.

Got damn!!! 72 million out of no where. fuuck a DJ Khaled.....he ain't the best.

This shit right there is colser to some Thriller shit!!!! That's how you do it! Niggas is cheap and expect to much.

Yo, this shyt is gangsta! Lol. I saw this a few times, but never really gave it a chance. That explosion and beat drop was amazing!

I think that's a low number if you look at the names on his album

Lil Wayne, Kanye, T.I., Future, Ross, Nas, Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa, J. Cole, Big KRIT,Ace Hood, Tyga, Birdman, Wale, Kirko Bangz, Meek Mill, French Montana, Chris Brown, 2 Chainz, Kendrick Lamar, Mack Maine, Scarface

... all that and only 40,000?
I am always shocked when someone sells a ton of records these days. I just spotify the new stuff. I haven't bought or even considered buying an album for some time. I just load up spotify listen till it gets boring then on to the next album. Bought to get an iphone and subscribe so I can listen whenever where ever.

Back