Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Damn had a lousy performance

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    484
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts

    Damn had a lousy performance

    Sign in to disable this ad
    But it was mad fun!

    I mean people started leaving, wen't straight out the bar after me and a rap homie came to 3rd song. But after breaking the nerversity, I went ham!

    For yall people out there, the best thing about being a musician is performing! Real talk!

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just Clauz For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    20,196
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 638 Times in 435 Posts
    nerves in performance are an ever present danger for some and just the cure for others (adrenaline can push you to new heights of performance or can drag you down if it sours too quickly) - ever had your legs go out from under you when performing? you have to get over it real quick or flop then and there (metaphorically, physically and literally)
    BC: I've been making music since Before Computers were common in music
    Abnormal thoughts and insights available here
    Tutorials and other ideas available here
    My SoundCloud

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,164
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 106 Times in 85 Posts
    I posted here awhile back about my first experience at jazz camp and the days leading up to the big concert. I was scared as shit, but I ended up surprising myself with what I considered to be a great performance. Congratulations Just Clauz.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapheaper View Post
    Only on future producers could someone ask about melody and have two posts which don't mention anything about notes.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    At least you didn't fall down a hole in front of millions of people.


  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    908
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Spirit View Post
    At least you didn't fall down a hole in front of millions of people.

    And he still continued performing, "Can't stop, won't stop, Bad Boy! Take that!!!"

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    484
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Vis View Post
    And he still continued performing, "Can't stop, won't stop, Bad Boy! Take that!!!"
    Lol. Thats how you supposed to do it. You just dust the dirt off the shoulder and go in on dat mic!
    Last edited by Just Clauz; 10-06-2015 at 01:44 PM.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    484
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bandcoach View Post
    nerves in performance are an ever present danger for some and just the cure for others (adrenaline can push you to new heights of performance or can drag you down if it sours too quickly) - ever had your legs go out from under you when performing? you have to get over it real quick or flop then and there (metaphorically, physically and literally)
    Thats it, you jus use the energy from the anxiety and turn it into fuel for your performance. Show the audience how you go hard!


    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpthrust View Post
    I posted here awhile back about my first experience at jazz camp and the days leading up to the big concert. I was scared as shit, but I ended up surprising myself with what I considered to be a great performance. Congratulations Just Clauz.
    Thanks bro

    So are you know used to performing? I hear some famous people say that they still get a little bit nervous right before they get on stage
    Last edited by Just Clauz; 10-06-2015 at 01:49 PM.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,164
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 106 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Clauz View Post

    So are you know used to performing? I hear some famous people say that they still get a little bit nervous right before they get on stage
    I've heard that, too.
    I used to be a dj before I started studying jazz music so that took a small bit of the edge off, but being new to jazz and having to improvise and keep up with other more experienced musicians made me self-conscious. You just have to fail at it alot to get comfortable performing. Kinda like how skaters have to fall alot to land those really great tricks with ease.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,931
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Some people have completely different energies once the lights turn on - I def miss performing, but enjoy the talent management and record producing way more. Great job Clauz!

    Btw - DMX said he used to be so nervous before EVERY show that he would throw up and have to drink beforehand.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I agree, getting on stage and performing gives you a totally fresh perspective on music and what you're making.

    I've been in scenarios where a track I thought was super hot just flops live. You get immediate feedback on your music, sections that lack energy/go nowhere and it really gives you an appreciation for people who put on great shows and keep the energy high the entire time.

    Example - Flying Lotus at Poisson Rouge NY

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •