Is a relationship worth more to you than doing music and making it?

relationships are ridiculous, at least the classical definition of them

man buys woman expensive shit to get in her pants
woman knows it so each time she expects more
man keeps losing power, woman keeps gaining power

woman: its 8 honey, my show comes !
man: but..football's on
woman: blablablablabla
man: *switches channels*

end of night

woman: wasn't so bad was it ? you even enjoyed it
man: ye right......

end of night

You're going after the wrong women if that's your average relationship.

Choosing a girl over music is stupid. Choosing Music over your wife is even stupider. Especially on a chance/whim. Especially when there is a kid involved in the picture.

But he's not married and doesn't have kids.

You're going after the wrong women if that's your average relationship.

that's what most look like, not mine

---------- Post added 09-20-2012 at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-15-2012 at 12:08 AM ----------

i miss a girl

but you can put more emotion into the music that way, so its helpful in a way

I'm not sure if "making it" is more important then a relationship, i guess it shouldn't be but it depends on the relationship and the girl you're with.
but making music is one of the most important things in the world to me, no girl could come between that

But then again, if a girl really loves you, she should accept who you are and what you do

Music is forever girls arnt always haha even though that kinda sounds harsh and people call me stupid i put my music career before relationships

I think alot of guys in this thread just don't know what a relationship is.

Is music worth giving off for that jump off you hit up at 2 in the morning for a booty call? F**k no.

Is it worth giving up for that chick you kinda like, but you know is f**kin some other dude whenever you call and she answers the phone out of breath? F**k no.

Is it worth giving up for that chick that can't even give up her drug habit for you? F**k no.

Is it worth giving up for that girl you wanna punch in the damn face or who wants to punch you in the damn face every time you guys disagree? F**k no.

Is it worth giving up for that chick that makes you feel obligated to buy her things or "support her"? F**k no.

I could go on forever giving scenarios, but these aren't REAL LOVE or REAL RELATIONSHIPS. When you find the right one, you'll understand it's worth giving up anything fro her, mainly because she'd do the same for you.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

end of night

It's a difference between doing these things out of a B.S. "obligation" and doing them because you love your wife and want her to enjoy life.

I don't have the sports issue, because as much as I like sports, my wife follows them more than i do, I can ask her who won when I miss a game. Goes back to what I said about getting THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU.

Last edited:
I think alot of guys in this thread just don't know what a relationship is.

Is music worth giving off for that jump off you hit up at 2 in the morning for a booty call? F**k no.

Is it worth giving up for that chick you kinda like, but you know is f**kin some other dude whenever you call and she answers the phone out of breath? F**k no.

Is it worth giving up for that chick that can't even give up her drug habit for you? F**k no.

Is it worth giving up for that girl you wanna punch in the damn face or who wants to punch you in the damn face every time you guys disagree? F**k no.

Is it worth giving up for that chick that makes you feel obligated to buy her things or "support her"? F**k no.

I could go on forever giving scenarios, but these aren't REAL LOVE or REAL RELATIONSHIPS. When you find the right one, you'll understand it's worth giving up anything fro her, mainly because she'd do the same for you.

But that girl who really loves you, wouldn't make you give up on your passion for music.

But if she would, i'd tell her to go F herself, music brought joy and meaning to my life, i'll never give that up

I'd love to know how things turned-out for the OP. I hope all is well...

As a long-time music vet, who was engaged three times (!), but has only been married once (for 20-plus blissful years), I can say: "Pick the right one! Your choice is so important; the right woman will not try to change something that is in the core of your being."

If you quit music, make it a side-line, a hobby, or just sell everything and never touch it again, that should be all up to you. The right person will not want you to give up what you love.

That being said, if you make a commitment, and you're not making it financially, you'd better have a plan to take care of business, because people need to eat. And when little ones come along, they eat SO MUCH more than you'd ever believe...

GJ

Last edited:
I honestly only like chicks with morals that arnt going to go **** someone if they get to drunk at a party or just because they have been in a relationship for over a month they think its ok to get sex whenever they want im not even like that haha id rather work on music full time and find a chick thats worth it later im only 18 im not a 80 year old man that has cats so thats a plus.

I'm telling you now dude. Don't quit making music for anyone if it is your passion & career path.

Settling for less will only cause you to live a life of regret & "what ifs".

Work it out with her, & if it isn't working then it wasn't meant to be.

What I'm saying is quite blunt, but you shouldn't have to drop your dreams for any female. When the right one comes around it should all fall into place.

Y'all dudes must not have read the original post. He wasn't giving up music completely. He was giving up an opportunity to move to a big city to stick with his girl.

The grown man shyt would be to find a way to get both, or start your buzz whever you're at...but that would take time and preparation. All i'm saying is he should know if it's worth leaving or not in his heart. And if it isn't, don't leave thinking in the longrun you won't regret it.

The point is, yeah, you young now, but don't grow into an old man wondering "what ever happened to" you can be that with a million in the bank and still never be able to pick back up where things left off. If it's real, you make that mill with her by your side. If not, tell her kick rocks and go make that mill.

Sidenot, if she ain't worth it, leave, cause if she ain't worth it, when you get back, whether you made anything out of yourself or not, she will still be single and go right back to f**kin with you, lol.

Back