Adidas slave shoes

JAMESRRTT

How do you guys feel about these adidas shoes? they're making controversy all over the news headlines.

I personally dont like them, they remind me of slavery also. They're going way too far with this fashion shit nowadays, smh

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/21/fashion/adidas-cancels-release-of-shackle-sneakers.html

adidas-shackles-slave-shoes.jpg

Last edited:
Wow..that's a poor business decision, can't believe they let this actually happen.

Then again, It's alright If It's "art" right?

besides, they're ugly as hell

I don't think people would have bought them sh@t anyway. They are hideous.

Last edited:
yeah I was going to post this when I first saw it on msn.com but I thought hey James will get to it sooner or later
the shoes are ugly
but hey there are alot of ugly shoes and ppl wear them
I don't like addias any way
Nike only here and I still consider Jordans Nike's lol

brought my first at age 16 not my parents I did

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

deja vu with this thread

I like them, im gonna buy a pair for my slave

I haven't bought a pair of Jordan's in years. Doesn't make much sense after 25, $150+ for sneakers? I remember selling bootleg J's from China in college. lol

Isnt it 2012?? why are people still obsessed with the fact that slavery existed around 200 years ago. what if the designer was black would there be any issues now i dont understand why people have double standard on everything.

niggas was gon buy em i promise... memphis niggas was gonna be the first niggas i see with em... lol i know it

Isnt it 2012?? why are people still obsessed with the fact that slavery existed around 200 years ago. what if the designer was black would there be any issues now i dont understand why people have double standard on everything.

Actually the enslavement of blacks still exists in some places of the world. To name one place, though outlawed it still exists in Yemen.

these Jeremy Scotts have nothing to do with slavery

black people gotta stop worrying about things that dont matter.. and Troup is right, niggas are slaves to shoes anyway, dudes will wait outside a week before a release.. rain hail sleet snow waiting for a pair of overpriced shoes that was made in a slave sweat shop for 7 bucks.

i wouldnt have copped these, but Jeremy Scott has been designing shoes like this for a while its based on the shackles on the arms of the My Pet Monster toy from the 80s, not slavery lol

You're totally right. Spending a meagre $150 on a nice pair of shoes to enhance your personal image is slavery.

What do you wear, a $1200 Armani suit?

$250 Sean John suit TYVM.

and it's not the $150 on shoes that's the slavery part. It's lining up at 6am, waiting 12 hours, fighting, shooting and looting over the shoes, while your lights are getting turned off and there's no gas in your car that's the slavery part.

$250 Sean John suit TYVM.

and it's not the $150 on shoes that's the slavery part. It's lining up at 6am, waiting 12 hours, fighting, shooting and looting over the shoes, while your lights are getting turned off and there's no gas in your car that's the slavery part.

Fair enough

slavery is dead?

along with RnB?

it aint that

its just the same people crying about some shoes and not doing their research, are the same ones in line to watch Madea Movies like thats not 2012 Blackface. Its just a reach, let art be art, let fashion be fashion even if it WAS about slavery, you know how much controversial fashion and modern art is out there, let it be what it is.

people spend more time speaking in fake outrage, instead of focusing on the things that matter. Same people in outrage over some sneakers the same ones that aint out voting or dont know whats going on in the world lol. Black people get up in arms when anything is brought up and even resembles slavery and racism. The Faux-Revolutionary shit within the black community is just corny and tired.

people just wanna be outraged

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

if you look at those sneakers and the first thing you think of is slavery, that says more about you as a person than the people who designed the shoe. Or Maybe the white man has just tapped into my brain and desensitized me

Last edited:
Back