how far can you get using fl studio?

cubby08

i use fl studio but iv been thinking it doesn't sound full on like the
big producers. how far can you make it using fl?

Its not fl its you. Your the one who makes the beat.
You don't really think other soft/hardware will make you better do you?

cubby08 said:
thats what im coming to think too. you can get the feel for production
on it but it jus dont cut it
Woooowww. I was bein sarcastic. There is no hope for you at all man.

Last edited:
...no disrespect to those opinions, but that's almost a flat out lie.

And no disrespect to your production abilities, but the reason you aren't getting that full production quality sound is because you haven't developed the skills to do it yet, but you will if you simply ask questions on how instead of trying to find the magic software or hardware that will all of the sudden make you sound like your favorite producer. If there really was a "pro production" machine or software then everyone would be using the same thing.

As for MPC's and Tritons...those are kind of dated. MPC's are still useful for their abilities to sample, cut and lay out drums, but it's not going to all of the sudden make you sound "full." Triton sounds have all been overused now. If you take a track composed all of stock triton sounds, you'll find yourself at a disadvantage when you shop your music against someone who is using a newer workstation or creates their own sounds.

Arguably, Timbaland is the number one producer in the world (vs. any genre). He uses neither of those. He has similar weapons, but they are newer and he creates a lot of his sounds.

If you want to hear what I'm talking about when it comes to FL Studio then check my myspace. You'll quickly learn that it's the skills of the producer, not the program.

Whatever sound you put into FL is the same sound that it going to come out. You can take those same beats that you made and remake them in any other program...they are not going to magically sound better. It's all about your ability to mix to get a fuller sound and understanding frequency ranges of instruments.

Like I said if you need help, I'll help you cuz there your music isn't goign to sound better unless you do ask for help instead of switching programs and learning everything all over again with more complicated software.

www.myspace.com/infektiousent

Honestly, the only things that are going to help you get better, and its not what Timbo or whoever's is using, or the Triton or MPC or whatever, or even FL Stuido if not used properly-two words- prayer and dedication. Anything in life that is truly worth something will NOT come easy, and if it does, then its truly not worth it. In order to get to where you need to be ,these are the the two most important tools you can have, real talk. You think Jay-Z or Just Blaze or 9th just woke up one morning and was cold-nope. It came with serious dedication, and most likely prayer. Just being real, and not preachy.

you could get as far as your skills take you with fl. however i look at fl like a geo metro. you can drive anywhere across the country in one but that would suck.

VEYR FAR.. You just need a very creative mind and know a lot about the program. I've een using it for like 2 1/2 years and I found out something new about it YESTERDAY/. LEARN AND USE YOUR SKILL

MuSickJunKeyz said:
you could get as far as your skills take you with fl. however i look at fl like a geo metro. you can drive anywhere across the country in one but that would suck.

With all due respect, I totally disagree. People have this big misconception about the quality of Fl- it is a very capable program,right along the same ranks as Reason, Sonar,and the rest-its all how its being used-if its not used to the fullest potentila then you gonna get substandard product, and that's with ANY software.

NoVA Entertainment said:
As for MPC's and Tritons...those are kind of dated. MPC's are still useful for their abilities to sample, cut and lay out drums, but it's not going to all of the sudden make you sound "full." Triton sounds have all been overused now. If you take a track composed all of stock triton sounds, you'll find yourself at a disadvantage when you shop your music against someone who is using a newer workstation or creates their own sounds.
I respectfully disagree. Mpcs while old can keep up with newer technology. The beauty of a Mpc is that its a streamlined machine built for sampling editng and sequencing. As for Triton sounds being dated anyone that can play worth a damn won't totally depend on their sounds to make them sound good,new, or current.Theres a reason why most software is based on old 70s 80s and 90s instruments

Xabiton said:
I respectfully disagree. Mpcs while old can keep up with newer technology. The beauty of a Mpc is that its a streamlined machine built for sampling editng and sequencing. As for Triton sounds being dated anyone that can play worth a damn won't totally depend on their sounds to make them sound good,new, or current.Theres a reason why most software is based on old 70s 80s and 90s instruments

:victory: ditto

If you want production w/ quality, you gotta use the latest and greatest hardware instruments. FL Studio is just a toy for kids. It'll get you nowhere.

Last edited:
cubby08 said:
i use fl studio but iv been thinking it doesn't sound full on like the
big producers. how far can you make it using fl?

I made it to the end of the world once. Found out it's flat..

F*ck Christopher Colombus!

ATL Crunk Man said:
If you want production w/ quality, you gotta use the latest and greatest hardware instruments. FL Studio is just a toy for kids. It'll get you nowhere.
dude are you serious>? wow, your really mis informed or just expect preset sounds to be dope, fl is the best, easiest "sequencer" their is, you ever tried it coupled with some awesome vsts? hypersonic, sampletank? didnt think so

ITS NOT WHAT YOU GOT! ITS HOW YOU USE WHAT YOU GOT!

Apparently, that concept still doesn't penetrate someof you hard-headed fvcks!

Gutty502 said:
dude are you serious>? wow, your really mis informed or just expect preset sounds to be dope, fl is the best, easiest "sequencer" their is, you ever tried it coupled with some awesome vsts? hypersonic, sampletank? didnt think so

the best?

Back