Copy a pattern

Markapelligo

How do I copy a pattern? Cloning does not work. I simply want to copy a pattern, and place this pattern in a new row, where at the same time a new channel is created solely for that new pattern. That way I can edit this new (copied) pattern on its own.

or do it manually by adding a new track and copy/pasting the pattern to the new one.

CTRL A (to highlight it all) CTRL C (to copy) them click on the empty track on the first bar where you want the pattern and use CTRL P to paste the pattern.

Dude, you have assumed that we all know which software you are using (FLStudio, right?)

Alex is almost right, you clone the part first.
Then you right click the source part, go down to Edit->Copy.
Then go to the target part, right click, go down to Edit->Paste.
Change the sample source or instrument source as needed.

Done.

Yes, FLStudio.

What do you mean by Source Part? I tried right clicking on the pattern's row but Edit --> Copy isn't an option.

What do you mean by the Target Part?

How do I change the sample or instrument source?

Thanks for your patience and help....

just click on the pattern you want to copy then press CTRL+C to copy, then CTRL+V to paste and drag it to where you need it.

Yes, FLStudio.

What do you mean by Source Part? I tried right clicking on the pattern's row but Edit --> Copy isn't an option.

What do you mean by the Target Part?

How do I change the sample or instrument source?

Thanks for your patience and help....

Source part is the part that you want to copy

Target part is the part you want to paste the copy to

Some images to show the flow
Source pattern
flCopy1.png

Select snare track
flCopy2.png

Right Click on Snare and see Edit>
flCopy3.png

Continue across and see Cut> then Copy> and other options
flCopy4.png

Now select the clap track and right click down to edit> and paste>
flCopy6.png

Result clap is now same as sanre
flCopy7.png

You will also notice the option to insert or replace on the drop down menus this allows you to change the sound source

Unfortunately I don't think any of that applies to what I'm trying to do. I have a channel that I created in the View Playlist that I also created in the Step Sequencer, and connected the two. I want to make a copy of this channel, so that this new channel exists in both of these two places, but as an entirely new channel that I will be able to edit it in the Piano Roll. Cloning in both the View Playlist and Step Sequencer doesn't work. I don't want to have to go into the Paino Roll to copy and paste.

Unfortunately I don't think any of that applies to what I'm trying to do. I have a channel that I created in the View Playlist that I also created in the Step Sequencer, and connected the two. I want to make a copy of this channel, so that this new channel exists in both of these two places, but as an entirely new channel that I will be able to edit it in the Piano Roll. Cloning in both the View Playlist and Step Sequencer doesn't work. I don't want to have to go into the Paino Roll to copy and paste.
From attempting to understand what you just said it seems to me that what bandcoach explained to you is what you are trying to do.

I don't get it why you don't want to simply copy and paste the pattern on the piano roll... it's a pretty simple thing to do.

Back