Needing a midi controller

U

UpnComer

How many keys is good for a controller? I only have 100 dollars, ...actually less if u include shipping. I originally wanted the korg microkey 37 key thing. Then i saw a m-audio key-rig with 49 keys for 100 dollars, i could probably borrow 20 from someone. What do you guys think? Im pretty good at playing keys and i like playing. I was watching this beat vid by shawty redd where he was using both the high and low end of his keyboard. He was making a melody and i was just wondering if i could do the same thing on a 37 key? I know i could on a 49 key, but i dont really like m-audio, i know the keys are cheap. I really like the korg micro-key, eventhough it only has 37 keys. I know it has gotten good reviews. What should i do? I will go with the 49 keys if 37 keys limits my musical aspirations. Im really torn.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just got the alesis qx 49, my dad gave me 50 extra bucks so i got the record functions and some sliders...i got some questions about it though where im gonna start a new thread.

I prefer 61 but I know plenty of people use 49 and love it. Dont know of many that use anything smaller other than portable set ups.

problem resolved.

just got the m-audio oxygen because it was on the fl studio list of mapped out controllers...i plugged it in and it everything works.

Thanks guys.

Back