Which mpc is the best for drum programing and overall workflow?

Looking to groove outside a computer with my motif and just use drums not really sample causr it takes to much memory and takes to long to load and save.
Then you definitely don't want to "downgrade" to MPCs. For me, Maschine combines the hardware workflow of both MPCs and hardware workstations like the Motif into a single environment.
Maschine is good for my e digging and working with software but I want the hardware workflow.
A rather curious statement since Maschine does give you a hardware workflow. That is one of its main selling points. If you mean not having to use a computer at all (even though all "hardware" like MPCs are computers too), that's different but that's not about "workflow".
so who would this work on just a motif and maschine wouldnt i need a mixer or something to hear both maschine and the motif?
That depends on your setup. What do you have our Motif going through currently? Do you have a decent soundcard/audio interface? Maschine gives you the option to choose the d/a converter and audio ins and outs instead of being stuck with whatever your equipment comes with.
Also who would i be able to record the audio in standalone mode while using the piano roll? Will maschine give me the swing sequencing and apply it to the motifs sounds?
Yes.
im not sure about this but anyways this is a choice but im talking about a real dedicated instrument that does not crash like i have be having with maschine a few times and also some slowness to my cpu.
That probably has to do more with your computer. I've never had Maschine crash on my Macbook for example. On the other hand, you'd be surprised to find out how much MPCs actually crash, especially all the Numarkai ones from 500 to 5000.
And when im working on hardware it just feels some much different like im really working on more than a midi controller
It's true that we can get different feelings with different equipment and different user interfaces, so you shouldn't ignore that. For me though, Maschine does feel like I'm using hardware and not like I'm using a MIDI controller.

the 4k is the greats all around mpc.the 3k has the best swing.the 60 has the sound ans feel,just really limited.Maschine dosnt have that swing at all.

the 4k is the greats all around mpc.the 3k has the best swing.the 60 has the sound ans feel,just really limited.Maschine dosnt have that swing at all.
:rolleyes: Not this again.

"MPC swing" is a myth. There is no elusive magical swing on the MPC that Maschine doesn't have. Both of them can swing just fine although MPC is actually much more limited in comparison.

Swing is just a formula of delay in replacement of timing correction. You can get swing even in FL Studio lol.

Really thinking about the 2000 xl or 3000 and banging it out with my motif. Yes maschine is the ish when it comes to sample editing and getting a beat done in a flash but thats fir my sampled stuff. I know juat wanna rock wi th origianl beats and im just not getting this out of software mainly due to load times, chessy digital sounds and just looking to a computer screen and mouse clicking. On the motif every thing is on the fly and no load times, awesome phat sounds but just missing those crunchy drums from a moc which I need. As I see it a mpc 3000,2000 xl, cheap 2500 would give me what I need just for drum and basic editing and layering, ill sacrafice the loading times if it gets the job done.but which one is the question for me

---------- Post added 10-26-2011 at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was 10-12-2011 at 11:06 PM ----------

does any one know if the 4000 has direct input like the 2500 has so i can moniter my keyboard when sequencing?

Well I finally got me a mpc 4000 and as far as making a sampled beat there is a huge difference in workflow compared to maschine. Maschine wins handa down and is light years ahead but I didnt buy it for that any ways I got it for hardware sequencing and drum layering which is nice with the so many filters the 4000 has. But maschine kinda gets credit for this too cause I can do filters and andd effects to single sounds in pad link mode. The 4000 has faras I can see filters the entire layer but I still gotta read the manual to see. Over all after I learn it in and out im sure ill be on it just as much as maschine just for not sampled beats.

Back