Multi-color pads, now refined and even more touch sensitive
Colors freely assignable to Sounds, Patterns, Groups and Scenes
Master push encoder with grid, and 47 all-new click-buttons
Timestretch and pitch shifting capability
Improved high contrast displays with higher viewing angle
Host Transport Control: hardware transport controls can be used to control host
New effects: Transient Master, Tape and Tube Saturators
Numerous workflow improvements for an even more intuitive and faster workflow
Customizable Mk2 hardware with removable magnetic faceplate for optional MASCHINE CUSTOM KITS
Now also available in white

More details here

Odd that there's no mention of it on the NI front page, but indeed the product page has been updated...

Just saw the page on NI earlier today. I was pretty sure about getting the MPC Renaissance, but after seeing this, I'm going to have to do some thinking. Especially since they added pitch shift/time stretch and it's about half the price

Odd that there's no mention of it on the NI front page, but indeed the product page has been updated...
Guitar Center leaked the photos last night. I don't think they were supposed to but everyone got a glimpse and by 9 am the pics were gone. They look good though they have both models in black or white. I am still considering a MK 1 Mikro especially now with the new ones coming I expect the old ones to stay cheap.

I have had the MPC 1000, i just like the way hardware worked and wasn't tied to a computer to make beats. I sold it last year. Was going to get Maschine but decided to hang, was convinced that I could make the transition and didn't like the fact it did have pitch and stretch. Then heard about the MPC Ren & Studio and decided to hang out for those (still not convinced I could make the transition from hardware to software). Just yesterday got a good offer on a 25k MPC limited edition, built in HD and CD/ DVD, JJOS etc and now then MKII Maschine is announced. What's your view?

Last edited:
Looks like some cool accessory packs are coming too - custom colour faceplates and knob sets to move away from the black/white conundrum

No, I was thinking rainbows, pretty, pretty rainbows, lollipops and sugar coated candy creations, shiny, shiny, hundreds and thousands everywhere :)

So it's basically exactly the same besides colored pads, Ehh the 1.8 update is free so ill stick with the older model way cheaper. I dont think NI really thought this through, I mean the software +extra VST's are nice but most people could care less especially at that price.

So it's basically exactly the same besides colored pads, Ehh the 1.8 update is free so ill stick with the older model way cheaper. I dont think NI really thought this through, I mean the software +extra VST's are nice but most people could care less especially at that price.

Or maybe they've calculated that it's a good way to get rid of existing stock of the older model, while still getting people to commit to the Maschine just as the MPC Ren is coming out. No doubt a lot of people will be thinking exactly how you are thinking, and for some it's enough of an improvement (the new pads, displays & color) to splurge a bit more for it - and eventually the older models will not be there anymore, so it's more of a transition phase anyway, without giving the existing customers the finger. All in all, I think it's a pretty good move on NI's behalf.

There are other hardware improvements besides the RGB color pads:
And with the increased sensitivity of the new pads, you also have a new level of precision at your fingertips.
The Master section has been redesigned. Control volume, tempo and swing with the new multifunction master push encoder – select modes with the new toggle buttons and accurately click through values without having to look at the screen or display.

Navigating and scrubbing are much easier, and changing note pitch and detailed tweaking becomes extra-precise thanks to the encoder’s superb physical response.

Now with 47 white, backlit click-buttons and colored transport controls, the Mk2 hardware provides a wealth of physical and visual excitement for intuitive beat making.

So we get even more sensitive pads, click buttons, and faster more accurate browsing with a chunkier knob. Plus no more accidentally tweaking swing or tempo knobs at a gig when u just wanted to fade in a beat. So for that I'm VERY happy.

Also they all have locking USB ports like the Mikro.

I am not a fan of having one knob to control Volume, swing and tempo... Luckily I have the older one!!! though the colours would be nice and maybe even the click buttons...

Back