Losing the Passion for Creating

ayseeyehm

Over the last year, I've been losing interest in a lot of things. That includes music. Because of this, my skills have deteriorated to a point where I can't play things that I've written over a year ago. ( for example: https://on.soundcloud.com/T7rmG ) When I try to practice them, I just get frustrated and depressed and I give up.

If practicing my instruments is causing me so much stress, I guess the obvious solution would be to just stop, but I've spent too much of my life learning my instruments to just give up now. I just can't seem to let myself do that. So I'm stuck in this limbo of mediocrity that I can't figure out my way out of.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? If so, how did you handle it?

Yes. Everyone goes through it at some point. Take a break. Do other things. Rest. Follow spiritual pursuits. Go workout and get those endorphins. Eventually, something will inspire you and you'll jump back in. But if you just try and stress it out, it will most likely produce the opposite effect.

GJ

Yes. Everyone goes through it at some point. Take a break. Do other things. Rest. Follow spiritual pursuits. Go workout and get those endorphins. Eventually, something will inspire you and you'll jump back in. But if you just try and stress it out, it will most likely produce the opposite effect.

GJ
I feel bad for taking so long to respond. I've been trying to change some things in my life and the last week has been hectic, to say the least.

But yeah, I'll definitely have to get back into working out once my injury heals.

Back