Scrapheaper - Apino [experimental house] F4F

Apino: Great potential, only there is a bass missing. Some bass that would be accompanying the lead part would be great
Doorbell: I love this song much more, I love the bass here and the sounds :)

Overal this is nice but sounds unfinished. The drums and everything sound a bit muffled and dry, it works for the kick but the rest can use a bit more flavour. Maybe lean on those congas a bit more?
I dig the bass stabs, it's a cool contrast with the general vibe and flow, but they sound too lonely.. they should have something to play off of.

It's maybe also worth looking at reshuffling the composition a bit. The intro has potential, but sorta passes by and never really comes back. Maybe it works better in the middle to break up the piano bits?

I like your stuff, I'm gonna follow and see where it goes!

Overal this is nice but sounds unfinished. The drums and everything sound a bit muffled and dry, it works for the kick but the rest can use a bit more flavour. Maybe lean on those congas a bit more?
I dig the bass stabs, it's a cool contrast with the general vibe and flow, but they sound too lonely.. they should have something to play off of.

It's maybe also worth looking at reshuffling the composition a bit. The intro has potential, but sorta passes by and never really comes back. Maybe it works better in the middle to break up the piano bits?

I like your stuff, I'm gonna follow and see where it goes!

Cheers man, I appreciate it.

I really agree with what you're saying. I had a lot of trouble trying to make a bassline that didn't feel awkward with the piano: ended up keeping it really simple, perhaps too much so.
Also the intro was lazily tacked on, I wasn't sure how to bring it in so just ended up making something which didn't really fit with the rest of the piece.

Cheers man, I appreciate it.

I really agree with what you're saying. I had a lot of trouble trying to make a bassline that didn't feel awkward with the piano: ended up keeping it really simple, perhaps too much so.
Also the intro was lazily tacked on, I wasn't sure how to bring it in so just ended up making something which didn't really fit with the rest of the piece.

It may be personal taste but I like those kinds of contrasts, those kinds of darker, moody sounds against that cheesy (in a good way) piano.If you'd add one more sound in that'll play around with those bass-stabs I'm pretty sure it'll come alive much more. And I'm definitely speaking from my own little warped corner of the electronic spectrum so take it for what it's worth. If you're going for that smooth neon-lit edm appeal, I'm probably the worst advisor around, lol.

Thanks for your feedback on my track!
I think pretty much everything has been said already, it sounds cool bit it definitely isn't finished yet. where is the bass line?
I also think that the drum loop witch comes in at 2:50 does't really fit the track

Back