Getting more subs on YouTube?

kingmiami

I've had success selling beats through YouTube and I've managed to gain over 250 subscribers and gained over $500+ in beat sales through Gotinstrumentals, Exclusive Beat Sales, and recently Bandcamp. But I feel like I could gain more by getting more subscribers but I see subscribers coming in slowly and I've been uploading beats like every week, so far I have 70+ videos. I have a couple beats that have 1,000+ views or nearing it but it sucks because I see some producers who have way less videos then me but have 1000s of subs. I'm not even being cocky about my beats but I just feel like im doing something wrong.

I've got alot of feedback however by people who comment on my videos, local rappers, and people on forums that my beats are really good and I deserve more views and I feel the same way too and that's why I want more people to listen to my beats and for me to gain a wider audience. I'm just asking is there anything more I can do YouTube wise to get more subscribers? Please help and give me criticism it would definitely help me out. Here's my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/kingmiami1

My subscribers mostly came via a betaking vid/tutorial.. make a few of those and you should see significant number jumps assuming it's decent ;)

Beat making videos help a lot. Make some remixes. Don't just be a guy with still frame beat videos on his page. Do some video remixes. Do something that everyone else is not already doing. And YouTube is a marathon not a race. Be unique there are a bunch of people doing beat videos, still frame beats like u have on your page ect. You gotta add something unique to make people remember you because most won't sub off of one beat. Also keep in mind Youtube is a video service not an audio service. Video content is key. Unless you have a huge following uploading still frame beat videos isn't always best.

Another thing i'd like to add is if you do make a YouTube video where you are talking to people try and have it semi-scripted (meaning: have some kind of an outline) and try to keep your energy level up. This way you stay on point and you don't bore your audience.

There is nothing worse than listening to somebody on YouTube who is going really slowwwwwww.....

Do you mean beat making vid?

Yeah..my bad, typed too fast. But for ex:

Tracks/Beats I upload with a static image usually gets me in the 100's, music videos get me at about 1000 depending on the artist, but my latest beatmaking video is at about 40000 views and steadily climbing.. And gathering from the comments, most of my subs came from that.

Thanks for the tips guys and I already started implementing videos/visuals in my beat videos. What I do now is I get .gifs from tumblr, google, etc and I put them in the beat videos. Then I use a music visualizer it takes awhile to do on my computer but the end result looks nice. For example:

Or

Ill start making beat making videos I just need a camera what did you guys use to record yours?

Yeah..my bad, typed too fast. But for ex:

Tracks/Beats I upload with a static image usually gets me in the 100's, music videos get me at about 1000 depending on the artist, but my latest beatmaking video is at about 40000 views and steadily climbing.. And gathering from the comments, most of my subs came from that.

Which video got 40000 views?

If your goal is to get more subscribers, make it known to your listeners that you want their subscription. Also, look for productive ways to bring more attention to your videos. You've made a little bit of money from your beats, reinvest that money and filter more listeners to your channel. Talk to your facebook and twitter followers about happenings or showings on your youtube channel.

If your goal is to get more subscribers, make it known to your listeners that you want their subscription. Also, look for productive ways to bring more attention to your videos. You've made a little bit of money from your beats, reinvest that money and filter more listeners to your channel. Talk to your Facebook and twitter followers about happenings or showings on your youtube channel.

So where exactly do i put my money in? I do talk to my followers about my videos on my YouTube channel anytime I upload them.

but my latest beatmaking video is at about 40000 views and steadily climbing.. And gathering from the comments, most of my subs came from that.

Yes. Give value.
rewards will come if you stick with it!!
:cheers:

If your goal is to get more subscribers, make it known to your listeners that you want their subscription. Also, look for productive ways to bring more attention to your videos. You've made a little bit of money from your beats, reinvest that money and filter more listeners to your channel. Talk to your facebook and twitter followers about happenings or showings on your youtube channel.[/QUOTE]

This beatmaking one..

Last edited:
So where exactly do i put my money in? I do talk to my followers about my videos on my YouTube channel anytime I upload them.

Search Engine optimization (SEO) and Social Media Marketing (SMM) are great financial investments for directing web traffic to your channel. Purchase authentic web traffic by working professionals who can prove their results. For example, buying Youtube subscriptions would be a bad move and here's why. Tons of people create fake accounts in order to sell subscriptions and worse. Instead, purchase online advertising and and insure placement in front of your target audience; gaining more traffic and more subscriptions. Just remember to monetize your online efforts. Make enough profit to keep things interesting. Look for ways to make it easy for others to buy from you using MyFlashStore. There are teams of people that can help, they just need financial motivation.

the more subs the better i would suggest hardcore guerrilla marketing instead of hiring someone most the time when you hire ppl to get you subs they aren't real people just fake accounts

It's so hard to make it on youtube unless you have a strong following and or you make the next best beat.
It used to be really simple to gain a decent following, nowadays people don't really care =(

Don't let anyone lie to you my friend, still image or video it doesn't matter coz you're selling beats. I know a lot of channels which use still images with close to 2000 subs and I know a lot of youtube channels with over 10000 subs but only use still images, no video.

Youtube works like social networks so you need to do a lot of marketing within the platform. Just as long as people like what they hear they will share on other social networks like twitter and facebook.

You need to engage with people who run big channels and see if they can feature your channel on their channels and if they don't it doesn't matter move on to the next person. Feature other channels on your channel as well and let them know you featured their channel because you like it and they might return the favor. Commenting on videos from channels that are updated daily will also get you a lot of attention from the people who subscribed on those channels.

See what I'm talking about here??? Just interact with others just like you do on twitter and facebook then you'll get more subscribers. Creating video tutorials can be a challenge because there's tons of tutorials already so you'll need to be unique but it can also help. This can work well if you also have a blog that gives out free tutorials and if you have a blog you'll get free traffic from Google but only if the blog is frequently updated and seo friendly.

One other thing you can try is giving out free samples to other producers or share some tips on how you're making money with your beats. But the most important thing is to be social and interact with as many people as you can. Youtube also shows what other channel owners are doing on youtube so if people see a few famous people commenting on your videos they will check it out and that will get you more subs and shares.

Youtube is a social platform so be social then you'll get rewarded

Last edited:
Marketing, better video equipment, or even new sounds since your channel is really focused around making beats.
Don't let anyone lie to you my friend, still image or video it doesn't matter coz you're selling beats. I know a lot of channels which use still images with close to 2000 subs and I know a lot of youtube channels with over 10000 subs but only use still images, no video.

Youtube works like social networks so you need to do a lot of marketing within the platform. Just as long as people like what they hear they will share on other social networks like twitter and facebook.

You need to engage with people who run big channels and see if they can feature your channel on their channels and if they don't it doesn't matter move on to the next person. Feature other channels on your channel as well and let them know you featured their channel because you like it and they might return the favor. Commenting on videos from channels that are updated daily will also get you a lot of attention from the people who subscribed on those channels.

See what I'm talking about here??? Just interact with others just like you do on twitter and facebook then you'll get more subscribers. Creating video tutorials can be a challenge because there's tons of tutorials already so you'll need to be unique but it can also help. This can work well if you also have a blog that gives out free tutorials and if you have a blog you'll get free traffic from Google but only if the blog is frequently updated and seo friendly.

One other thing you can try is giving out free samples to other producers or share some tips on how you're making money with your beats. But the most important thing is to be social and interact with as many people as you can. Youtube also shows what other channel owners are doing on youtube so if people see a few famous people commenting on your videos they will check it out and that will get you more subs and shares.

Youtube is a social platform so be social then you'll get rewarded
I have no reason to lie to people but the no still frames thing actually came from my YouTube manager over at fullscreen. People want to be entertained and we are visual creatures. Can it happen with still frames? Sure anything is possible but people like live performances. That's the reason why so many people can sell concert tickets and not cds. Ask people who casually watch YouTube would they rather watch a still frame or a live performance and they will tell you a live performance any day. I also wouldn't consider 2k subs a large channel and I am at 2k subs on my channel. Look at a channel like the cratez if they are still around, boon doc, kbee original, and see how their numbers look when it comes to beat videos vs still frames. People watch more performances than still frames.

Last edited:
Well I took you guys advice and Im going to post up a music video of my beat but I used clips from other music videos. Will YouTube take this down and if I put up a disclaimer in the description will it help? I just want to know because the beat is my own but the footage is not however the footage is edited with effects idk if that helps but just saying.

Anyways the videos that I used are:
Asap Rocky-Purple Swag
XXYYXX-About You
Dillon Francis-Without You ft. T.E.E.D.
James Blake-The Wilhelm Scream
Kid Cudi-Pursuit of Happiness
Ryan Hemsworth-Colour and Movement

Please help I really want to post this video!

Back