Oh, you're a hip-hop producer?

just out of interest, what if you make your own music then run it through an MPC ala just blaze or dj khalil and sample it? is that not hip hop?

its technically not sampling cos its your own creation either way

Last edited:
just out of interest, what if you make your own music then run it through an MPC ala just blaze or dj khalil and sample it? is that not hip hop?

its technically not sampling cos its your own creation either way

Well it still is sampling, cause you're still sampling an a piece of music/a record...

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

W..T...F....
You're starting to sound just as bad as the southern dude.
"Non sampled beats aren't Hip Hop".
G.T.F.O.

And frankly that definition is bullsh1t.
Half the people going on and on about stupid words like "Mainstream" or "underground" wouldn't know of Hip Hop had there not been a mainstream to introduce them to it in the first place.

Well what was Hip Hop in the 80s, 90s, 00s? Sample based music... So what happened to that? Strictly speaking.. ain't got a sample? Not Hip Hop?

+1

K8 was actually my first purchase. like everything ive made from November up to now was with K8, but im not a sound designer so i can't really make full usage of shit like Traktor and Reaktor or whatever. i'm a preset nigga truthfully.

in 2013 im moving into one of them condos downtown i'mma get rid of some of these Electric Pianos and get a 2-4 month head start.

yes it might be more practical to go all in the box with a MIDI controller and you should invest some time over the next 12 months learning sound design could open up a whole new revenue stream for you sir....and I think there are Native Instrument forums where you can down load sounds files from other users and it will show all the stuff they did with it from the patch to all the envelopes,etc..that transformed the sound(s). when you open it up in the appropriate programs
IK Multimedia and Native Instruments have some amazing tools and still low cost

Ima say this and then ima leave it alone,lets say me and you had a beat battle you used some James brown sample,i used my own shit even if your beat is hotter than mine i still win you didnt beat me funky drummer and who ever else made the music did period! Chopping someone elses sound up is not an art to me it's JACKING thats all!! I dont even consider a sample base producer a real musician,he's a thief who cant think of his own shit! kinda like a parasite who needs a host to survive,without the host it dies. Without samples to use DR.DRE music died,dirty south producers can last forever and go as far as their minds take them,their is no limit for us!

just say you suck at sampling, no need to hide it

Can YOU sample good??? Putting drums over loops is one thing...flipping a sample on its head is a whole other skillset that is far from easy...
Actually making something new out of something old is harder than making something from scratch

Actually, I like songs with drums over a loop better than flipping a sample on its head. If I cannot recognize the sample, it is a waste of time to sample the song. I sample songs so I do not have to come up with a melody. I let the sample drive the melody. All I do is add a bassline, drums, and maybe a string to separate the verse from the chorus.

Actually, I like songs with drums over a loop better than flipping a sample on its head. If I cannot recognize the sample, it is a waste of time to sample the song. I sample songs so I do not have to come up with a melody. I let the sample drive the melody. All I do is add a bassline, drums, and maybe a string to separate the verse from the chorus.

I understand this and I can see how you might like sample loops over sample chopping...
I wouldnt go so far to say it's a waste of time to sample a song if you can't recognize the sample, but I enjoy loops just as much

I sample pretty often, sometimes its easily recognizable, other times you probly wont have any idea what the sample came from
Either way is cool with me

End product >>>>>

Well it still is sampling, cause you're still sampling an a piece of music/a record...

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Well what was Hip Hop in the 80s, 90s, 00s? Sample based music... So what happened to that? Strictly speaking.. ain't got a sample? Not Hip Hop?
so wait all sampled music is Hip Hop now ? Do dudes like skrillex and daft punk suddenly become Hip Hop ? Do dudes like Dre,Quik, or lex luger lose their Hip Hopness do to this narrow definition ? Its retarded when people try to define Hip Hop by ONE thing when it musically encompasses a bunch of different styles. I mean I know what Hip Hop sounds like when I hear it but I wouldn't be dumb enough to assume it can only sound one way. Going by your definition The Roots aren't Hip Hop either, actually Daft Punk would have more of a claim to Hip Hop than they would which is absurd.

so wait all sampled music is Hip Hop now ? Do dudes like skrillex and daft punk suddenly become Hip Hop ? Do dudes like Dre,Quik, or lex luger lose their Hip Hopness do to this narrow definition ? Its retarded when people try to define Hip Hop by ONE thing when it musically encompasses a bunch of different styles. I mean I know what Hip Hop sounds like when I hear it but I wouldn't be dumb enough to assume it can only sound one way. Going by your definition The Roots aren't Hip Hop either, actually Daft Punk would have more of a claim to Hip Hop than they would which is absurd.

I never said apply it to ALL ARTISTS... I meant in a general term... You're just twisting my words... I've never associated Dre, Quik or Luger with Hip Hop(rap however, yes)... See, I think of rap and Hip Hop as separate entities(not completely separate however, before you twist that)

I never said apply it to ALL ARTISTS... I meant in a general term... You're just twisting my words... I've never associated Dre, Quik or Luger with Hip Hop(rap however, yes)... See, I think of rap and Hip Hop as separate entities(not completely separate however, before you twist that)
I didn't twist your words.
That's what you stated and I quote :

M.C.-Exclusivo[/quote said:
Well what was Hip Hop in the 80s, 90s, 00s? Sample based music... So what happened to that? Strictly speaking.. ain't got a sample? Not Hip Hop ?
I was elaborating on how dumb it is to say "Herp Derp not sampled ? can't be Hip Hop !"
With that said there was Hip Hop created in the 80s,90s, and 00s that was not sampled.
It was in the minority obviously but it definitely isn't a "new" idea or something that would make the songs in question
"less Hip Hop". Again there was no twisting of words, that is clearly what you stated.

And we're probably going to continue to disagree because I don't believe "Hip hop" and "Rap" are different entities.
Hip Hop is the culture, Rap is it's music, it's only called Hip Hop because of what was initially associated with Rap Music and that would be Hip Hop culture !
So no a person wouldn't be wrong to call "Rap" Hip Hop, they would however be wrong in assuming that Sampled Record = Hip Hop.
When that clearly isn't the case, even in the 90's they were sampling records for different Genre's like R&B or other forms of electronic music outside of Hip Hop.
It's like the pointless differentiation between Emcee's and Rappers, both do the same damn thing but the title is different.
It's what I was getting at earlier, it's only to make people feel better about themselves "Oh I don't make that rap music...ewww" even though the music is damn near identical, only the labeling is different.

It's like people have to hand out their yellow stars and wear hazmat suits instead of accepting the good with the bad.
Reminds me of the Brostep and Dubstep arguments, the sort of elitism that's insulting, like the guy going on and on about southern rap.
Dude practically sh1tted on Southern Rap History and Hip Hop History as a whole with his idiotic rants about sampling.

Last edited:
I didn't twist your words.
That's what you stated and I quote :

[/B]
I was elaborating on how dumb it is to say "Herp Derp not sampled ? can't be Hip Hop !"
With that said there was Hip Hop created in the 80s,90s, and 00s that was not sampled.
It was in the minority obviously but it definitely isn't a "new" idea or something that would make the songs in question
"less Hip Hop". Again there was no twisting of words, that is clearly what you stated.

And we're probably going to continue to disagree because I don't believe "Hip hop" and "Rap" are different entities.
Hip Hop is the culture, Rap is it's music, it's only called Hip Hop because of what was initially associated with Rap Music and that would be Hip Hop culture !
So no a person wouldn't be wrong to call "Rap" Hip Hop, they would however be wrong in assuming that Sampled Record = Hip Hop.
When that clearly isn't the case, even in the 90's they were sampling records for different Genre's like R&B or other forms of electronic music outside of Hip Hop.
It's like the pointless differentiation between Emcee's and Rappers, both do the same damn thing but the title is different.
It's what I was getting at earlier, it's only to make people feel better about themselves "Oh I don't make that rap music...ewww" even though the music damn near identical, only the labeling is different.

It's like people have to hand out their yellow stars and wear hazmat suits instead of accepting the good with the bad.
Reminds me of the Brostep and Dubstep arguments, the sort of elitism that's insulting, like the guy going on and on about southern rap.
Dude practically sh1tted on Southern Rap History and Hip Hop History as a whole with his idiotic rants about sampling.[/QUOTE]

Well see I disagree with you, as you rightly said... To me, if a rap/hip hop song has not got a sample, or scratching etc. it isn't Hip Hop... And to go with what we've been debating about rap/hip hop...

'
Rappers spit rhymes that're mostly illegal
Emcees spit rhymes to uplift their people' - KRS One

I'm going to leave it there, cause this debate will go on for days between you and I... I respect your views though, and I see where you're coming from, I just strongly disagree with the new perceptions of Hip Hop...

Last edited:
lol yall mad

images

Well see I disagree with you, as you rightly said... To me, if a rap/hip hop song has not got a sample, or scratching etc. it isn't Hip Hop... And to go with what we've been debating about rap/hip hop...

'
Rappers spit rhymes that're mostly illegal
Emcees spit rhymes to uplift their people' - KRS One

I'm going to leave it there, cause this debate will go on for days between you and I... I respect your views though, and I see where you're coming from, I just strongly disagree with the new perceptions of Hip Hop...

Yes please leave it there, because as it goes on the argument gets more and more absurd.
Guess classic albums like Life After Death and Me Against The World aren't Hip Hop because they lack scratching and all
those dope Roots albums aren't Hip Hop because like 99% of the records aren't sampled.

Last edited:
Yes please leave it there, because as it goes on the argument gets more and more absurd.
Guess classic albums like Life After Death and Me Against The World aren't Hip Hop because they lack scratching and all
those dope Roots albums aren't Hip Hop because like 99% of the records aren't sampled.

I never said a record needed every element... That means nothings Hip Hop cause nothings got graffiti in it's songs... Life After Death used samples in every track, and it is also had scratching in a few tracks... Also, a sample doesn't have to be the main element of the song, The Roots have used MANY samples in their music... 99 is a bit extreme, 50/60...

me against the world album samples

every song contained a sample lol..check it out lol
did you know hahahahhhaha

go down to track listings

Me Against the World - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve​
Reread my post I was talking about the roots not being sampled.
I know Me Against The World and Life After Death both feature Heavy sampling.

Ima say this and then ima leave it alone,lets say me and you had a beat battle you used some James brown sample,i used my own shit even if your beat is hotter than mine i still win you didnt beat me funky drummer and who ever else made the music did period! Chopping someone elses sound up is not an art to me it's JACKING thats all!! I dont even consider a sample base producer a real musician,he's a thief who cant think of his own shit! kinda like a parasite who needs a host to survive,without the host it dies. Without samples to use DR.DRE music died,dirty south producers can last forever and go as far as their minds take them,their is no limit for us!

It's kinda funny because a lot and I mean a lot of southern producers sample. for example Lex Luger. so before you go off the handle on sampling producers know that a lot of "non sampling" producers do it too.

tumblr_m41kqeXRys1r8cwpko1_500.jpg

my homie just tried to tell me that bob's album strange clouds is the best hip hop album out right now... and that bob is amazing. i said.. "bro, there is a taylor swift feature on here".. he said "So what?" and this is my homie. i hate the generation i live in.

23wqtxf.jpg

Back