Why no more FP projects ?

Everybody is rich from selling beats. They too big...don't have time. We missed FPBL two years straight. I might try to crank it up tomorrow. Everytime it ends...that's when a bunch of other people want to jump in it.

THIS 2012 DEAD GUMMIT!! THE WORLD IS GOING TO END IN 10 MONTHS!! LET'S DO THIS FPBL REAL BIG THIS YEAR!!

I believe you're right, lol.

No one willing to lower themselves down to mingle amongst the lowly commoners that don't have a $9 SoundClick page.

I would like to see a monthly BEAT TAPE put on DatPiff or something. Everybody gets their info on it as promo, it becomes popular, people look for it.

It would only require.... one beat a month.

Forget it, that's asking too much, lol.

Those two remix tapes went off kind of fast though... just a few weeks for each one.

I believe you're right, lol.

No one willing to lower themselves down to mingle amongst the lowly commoners that don't have a $9 SoundClick page.

I would like to see a monthly BEAT TAPE put on DatPiff or something. Everybody gets their info on it as promo, it becomes popular, people look for it.

It would only require.... one beat a month.

Forget it, that's asking too much, lol.

Those two remix tapes went off kind of fast though... just a few weeks for each one.

seriously, like not everyone got a credit card.

i dont think people make music like that honestly, feels like most people stopped making music like that

there aren't many people on here that post that actually make music i think. you look on some people's signature and its either blank or something other than their link to any of their work

Yeah, I've slacked off quite a bit.

Other stuff gets in the way.

I think a lot of negative music biz talk and lawsuits all over the place kind of put a damper on the pie in the sky mindset about the music biz. The people making money don't make music, they provide music services. Once one gets started... that market gets flooded.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

there aren't many people on here that post that actually make music i think. you look on some people's signature and its either blank or something other than their link to any of their work

I see that quite often also.

The concept seems so simple though, lol. A bunch of people that supposedly make music in one place... and no type of projects or collabos... seems odd.

I would be happy to do this project

No lie, I would be happy to do this project. If we could trust eachother and organize it, then im in.

I need something to thrive me to make more music. Its just not enough with inspiration from youtube or some other clip. I have to actually DO something to get me interested again.

The only problem is that many (like me) who havent really collaborated before are too afraid to get screwed.

there aren't many people on here anymore. edit

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Yeah, I've slacked off quite a bit.

Other stuff gets in the way.

I think a lot of negative music biz talk and lawsuits all over the place kind of put a damper on the pie in the sky mindset about the music biz. The people making money don't make music, they provide music services. Once one gets started... that market gets flooded.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

I see that quite often also.

The concept seems so simple though, lol. A bunch of people that supposedly make music in one place... and no type of projects or collabos... seems odd.

Tex- Puppy Luv Ft Fred Nice by IAmFredNice on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Young Tex on the beat and Me On the hook

It's simple. Winter comes around and people are inside more surfing so FP will seem alive and kicking...then spring comes around and the forum starts to die off and you get the "FP is dead" threads. People see these threads and stop visiting. The cycle continues. People get bored with pools & BBQs around August and the count picks back up. I still wanna know what happened to kontak80 lol....homie disappeared while running FPBL 6...came back said he beat his mama's boyfriend then disappeared again. Hopefully he's not in Cell Block 9.

I've been working on an album/website format so I don't post up too many beats for other people to listen to anymore either I just come here for news and to make lame jokes lol.

came back said he beat his mama's boyfriend then disappeared again.

I've been working on an album/website format so I don't post up too many beats for other people to listen to anymore either I just come here for news and to make lame jokes lol.

80 was a good dude.

Let us check out that site when it's done.

I'll check out that song later today Peezy.

The competitive nature of music is gone. People are more into being heard rather than winning beat battles. They want to go straight to the top. Its the same reason so many producers get frustrated trying for 2 years to place on Wayne's album only to realize that he don't give a **** about you and you shit on 80 no name rappers with cash on hand. I am spending more time worrying about how to get on projects and get money from those 80 no name rappers than I am worried about FP.

A bunch of people that supposedly make music in one place... and no type of projects or collabos... seems odd.

i don't think so...

...three problems...same things with ONLINE as OFFLINE collaborations:

1. different goals / directions

2. working with STRANGERS (without CONTRACTS) is a bad idea; in general

3. different styles and / or creative visions

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

The competitive nature of music is gone

pretty much...

battling BEATS doesn't really get anybody anywhere...hell - even battle emcee's rarely get anywhere...

OVERALL, the BATTLING element in HIP-HOP is DEAD - except in B-BOYING

i don't think so...

...three problems...same things with ONLINE as OFFLINE collaborations:

1. different goals / directions

2. working with STRANGERS (without CONTRACTS) is a bad idea; in general

3. different styles and / or creative visions

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

pretty much...

battling BEATS doesn't really get anybody anywhere...hell - even battle emcee's rarely get anywhere...

OVERALL, the BATTLING element in HIP-HOP is DEAD - except in B-BOYING

Not quite what I meant. It was the desire to just make great music or better music than the next man. Now its just about getting a check. Its more about I have more money than you than I made a better song than you.

Not quite what I meant. It was the desire to just make great music or better music than the next man. Now its just about getting a check. Its more about I have more money than you than I made a better song than you.

^^ the bolded is all I'm in it for.

Back