Any 1 Looking to trade Mixing presets for vocals?

This is so stupid. There are not any settings that will help anyone else mix. Do you really think a picture of your cracked plugin settings are better than the presets? No two songs use same settings.

This is a waste of time, space, typing, etc. Reason below...

YOUR presets will make YOUR vocals recorded with YOUR mic/preamp in YOUR room coming out of YOUR monitoring chain which is being heard by YOUR ears.

MY vocals will not come out the same using YOUR presets because MY vocals, equipment, room and voice are all different from YOURS. Understand the idea? This goes for different vocalists the same way. THEIR voice is DIFFERENT than YOURS.

That's as clear as I can say it. I really do hope you and anyone else understands.

Last edited:
This is so stupid. There are not any settings that will help anyone else mix. Do you really think a picture of your cracked plugin settings are better than the presets? No two songs use same settings.

go kill yourself. its people like you, that, instead of contributing to the community, would rather undermine another person . . . trying to help out? thanks for making fp what it is.

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

This is a waste of time, space, typing, etc. Reason below...

YOUR presets will make YOUR vocals recorded with YOUR mic/preamp in YOUR room coming out of YOUR monitoring chain which is being heard by YOUR ears.

MY vocals will not come out the same using YOUR presets because MY vocals, equipment, room and voice are all different from YOURS. Understand the idea? This goes for different vocalists the same way. THEIR voice is DIFFERENT than YOURS.

That's as clear as I can say it. I really do hope you and anyone else understands.

smh . . . again another one . . . thats not the point of the post. you sir can also go kill yourself.

Calm down Dugan_Fire...

The fact us they are absolutely correct. EQ and compressor presets are essentially worthless (for reasons that would be obvious to a person of any knowledge and experience). That is very good information.

The kind of contributions to the community that we really want and encourage are the ones that contain good and accurate infomatiom that will help members to prove their skills and perfect their craft.

If you want to look at peoples EQ and compressor settings, that is fine... Butthe fact is, they are not particularly useful to anything other than the track they were created for.

The only way they would be useful is if you got the unprocessed track with the eq/ compressor settings (which will really ONLY be relevant when usingthe same eq/compressor, by the way) so you can see how they interact with the audio.

It may nit be what you want to hear, but it is the truth.

i know this isnt the responses you were hoping for and morning and others may have came across a little harsh BUT thats only because your showing screen shots of the waves mercury bundle which is 7 thousand dollars.

see guys he may have not even realized he did anything wrong. people are being harsh because they dont take kindly to pirating around here.

im sure your presets work well for you which is why your probably excited to share them but also as stated before they probably will only work well in your specific situation because every home studio is different.

if they allowed people around here to pass out misinformation all the time, then thered be alot more of us that are completely lost then already are.

btw......look up kvraudio.com tons of plugins and vsti's there that are freeware!

Also look how extreme the settings are on the Q10. Not great for a sharing preset.

I have no problem sharing methods and such. If someone learns how to use a compressor properly so that they can set correctly every time and how to listen to problem freq and fix them with eq they will go so much further.

was worth a try, anyone still interested PM me

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

ya'll arent even worth arguing with

Last edited:
oh yes dugan because you are the messiah of mixing and only your presets would show us the way!

He's a pirate and don't know how to use his pirated booty and only wants people to praise his music.

oh yes dugan because you are the messiah of mixing and only your presets would show us the way!

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

He's a pirate and don't know how to use his pirated booty and only wants people to praise his music.

honestly, your completely off base. I posted pics of a vocal chain that i use as a template. I did this with the intention of allowing others see how i start a project and kinda give an idea to those that dont have one. I've never once said that this was the correct way to mix vocals, and that wasn't the point of the topic.

Also, i am the engineer of a local studio thats equipped with almost 40k in gear, plug-ins, etc.

The pirating thing really wasn't an issue until someone else ASSUMED, hey thats a 7k dollar plugin package . . . . . no bedroom producer has that kind of money.

Also i could care less if you like my music, this wasn't a thread to promote my shit.

Last edited:
Uh oh!! He's quoting "Read This First"...

We'd better split, y'all.

Don't wanna start a giant mess here but we have all right to bash bad advice. Yeah, your coming with the excuse ' im here to show people a starting point ', but with a thread title like " Don't wanna start a giant mess here but we have all right to bash bad advice.", we and anyone else reading will assume your here to just trade presets and THATS IT. No one really asked where you work or what equipment you used, we can figure out if your good money by listening to your music. Just don't make a 'misleading thread' because theres people that come on here read for 10 seconds and say ok ill do exactly what i see instead of understanding everything. No need for advice that'll cause wrong doing.

Uh oh!! He's quoting "Read This First"...

We'd better split, y'all.

Nah yo im safe. It doesn't say nothing about sarcasm.

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.

hmmmm.....

go kill yourself. its people like you, that, instead of contributing to the community, would rather undermine another person . . . trying to help out? thanks for making fp what it is.

smh . . . again another one . . . thats not the point of the post. you sir can also go kill yourself.

have you ever heard the phrase "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"?

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

see guys he may have not even realized he did anything wrong. people are being harsh because they dont take kindly to pirating around here.

No. I don't care whether he is using pirated software or not.

That does not change the fact that presets are useless (as I mentioned earlier).

He can trade presets all he wants.

Did Dugan just tell everyone to kill themselves???

I only read the whole thread because after i caught a glimpse of the title, I wanted to hear Morning_Star flip out:cheers:!!!!!

To start a thread to trade presets is a nice gesture. But you can give a man a compressor preset and he'll mix for a day or you can teach a man how a compressor works and he'll mix his whole life.

I tried to do the analogy thing, not too well...

There needs to be a Vocals thread that is stickied. Maybe something where people can post clips of their vocals and if people like it, then they can post the recording chain with all settings, DAW, ITB signal chain w/ all settings.

All this while somehow trying to avoid every up n coming engineer with a mic and the Protools 12.3.4 posting vocals with a page full of bad settings that will only lead to the next guy releasing his mixtape using the settings wondering why his vocals sound like doodoo even though he "bought" $12,999 worth of waves plugins, wondering if he should run it thru an C24 console for warmth.

If presets are so useless why does every major plugin include them? You guys are full of yourselves in this section sometimes....because you read some book you're automatically the end-all authority and how dare someone share what works for them...

Realistically, no one is gonna go off themselves over an fp thread, but my responses aren't far off.

I started this thread to encourage sharing knowledge (presets big deal) that most seem to refuse to explore upon.

Instead of receiving replies that could dispute and correct where i may have gone wrong, i get the usual fp responses. Even from a moderator.

I clearly stated that this wasn't an attempt to give an end all solution to mixing vocals.

It's sad to see soo many individuals that would rather go out of their way to discredit another, (not surprising tho) TRYING.

FP is the way it is bc of people like the ones that have replied to this thread with those exact intentions.

Its obvious what i was trying to do. Which is a lot more than what others can say.

i removed the pics b/c apparently i was preaching to the choir.

Those who are interested in seeing them can PM and i'd be glad to send them.

I never use presets on anything. Vocals especially, every vocal is different, a different EQ setting will be needed depending on Microphone choice, singer, target sound etc.

Compression depends on the singers ability, I good singer will have good mic technique so the dynamic range of their voice will be lower than others, therefore less compression will be needed. I can't stress enough that every vocal is different and should be treated differently.

Back